v18 -  Lyrebird MOD [UPDATE: 2019-02-10]
Lyrebird - Mimic x Cirrus Extended (Kodi 18)

This is essentially Mimic, running on Kodi 18 but also includes a few new views for use with Advanced Emulator Launcher and some minor aesthetic changes in these views (namely the topbar). The current release allows a preview of two of the new views. Eventually will branch out into a skin that merges Mimic and Cirrus Extended. But for now, it is a humble MOD for Mimic. A great skin by Braz which I'm looking forward to messing with. Wink

Game views currently support Advanced Emulator Launcher. Support for RetroPlayer and IARL coming soon.

Download:
https://github.com/Rufoo/skin.lyrebird

Updates:
  • Updated to version 0.6.1
  • Steam Explorer (First Draft) view added.
  • Steam Thumbs view added.
  • Belt views removed, replaced with Arcade (Prototype) view.
  • Runs on Kodi 18.

Essential Extras:
Game Studio Flags by Chrisism. Lyrebird game views use this resource for studio flag images.
Advanced Emulator Launcher by Wintermute0110. The essential gaming addon for which Lyrebird game views currently use.

Steam Explorer
Choose from three different styles (more to come!) in this preview of Steam Explorer. An original view from SexyCirrus given new life with an injection of Mimic aesthetic. This is the beginning of several Steam views for all you PC / Gamestream users out there.

Steam Thumbs
A simple interface for Steam users. Based off the Thumbnail view from Mimic.

Reserved
Reserved 2
Reserved 3
Looks very nice and clean...

Good to see you back in the game.
one of the best skinners for the emulation scene..
Putting the final touches on these updated views...

The 'Belt' series of views was the first draft, here we move into the more complete look. You can also see some of the changes that Lyrebird will have overall such as the Cirrus style header bar.

Coming shortly.

update that GIT fam! lol.
Great work on this mod! Will you be adding support for the 460x215 Steam grid icons? For my personal PC gaming library, I've setup all of my games in AEL with the grid icons instead of box art because of their consistency.
(2018-12-04, 05:15)dmakk Wrote: Great work on this mod! Will you be adding support for the 460x215 Steam grid icons? For my personal PC gaming library, I've setup all of my games in AEL with the grid icons instead of box art because of their consistency.

Thanks, mate. Yes, there will be views that support Steam banners. In fact, that last screenshot has a Steam Banner in it - despite it being Metroid: Other M.

If you look up my previous projects on the forum (Citris & SexyCirrus) you'll see many of those views exclusively support Steam Banners and "ports" of those views are coming across to Lyrebird MOD. Smile

EDIT: Just an FYI, in the upcoming views Steam Banners will use the 'banner' asset, not 'boxfront'. This is because, like you, I use banners for a consistent look as PC gaming is a little all over the shop but some people like to be able to mix and match and so do I.
Almost ready to go live with the next version! Here are some of the style templates you can pick for your view. There's a lot of cool tricks coming. Smile

any chance for next version?
Yes, bud. Been away over the holiday break and sinking way too much time into Yakuza 0. Nice to have a new game that arrests my interest. Wink

Will be back next week. I was hoping to drop around Xmas but things got too busy.
I downloaded the skin.lyrebird from github and I am trying to figure out how to disable/remove the weather from showing next to the clock in the top right of the screen. Their should be a way to disable the weather in the following file: skin.lyrebird/1080i/includes.xml by removing something from the Navigation Bar section between lines 612 to 711 but I dont know what exactly. If I erase all the text from lines 612 to 711 then the whole header disappears including the weather but that is not ideal. What is the correct text to remove/hide the weather? I hope someone can find out and share with me. Thank you so much
(2019-02-01, 02:51)bringyoutolife Wrote:
Code:
I downloaded the skin.lyrebird from github and I am trying to figure out how to disable/remove the weather from showing next to the clock in the top right of the screen. Their should be a way to disable the weather in the following file: skin.lyrebird/1080i/includes.xml by removing something from the Navigation Bar section between lines 612 to 711 but I dont know what exactly. If I erase all the text from lines 612 to 711 then the whole header disappears including the weather but that is not ideal. What is the correct text to remove/hide the weather? I hope someone can find out and share with me. Thank you so much
You're looking in the wrong place, you need to edit variables.xml and edit the variable called TopbarFadeLabel1. Specifically, you'll need to edit lines 658 and 662. If you need help in the future, please just ask in one single place rather than posting the same question moments apart in multiple threads. Keeps it clean. Smile
Thank you so much I will delete the other post. Your instructions Imageworked but it still displays an icon to the right of the clock with a slash symbol in it where the picture of the weather would normally go here is a screenshot so you know what I mean https://imgur.com/jXLFrUX do you know how to remove that as well?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lyrebird MOD [UPDATE: 2019-02-10]51