• 8(current)
v18 Lyrebird MOD 0.9.9 (UPDATE: 2019-09-09)
Thanks for taking this project.

I have a request to make. On widgets pointing to trakt progress, can you change the thumbnail to a cover thumbnail rather than episode thumbnail? There are also some inconsistencies in the episode labels. Some show the episode name and some just state episode number. It can be difficult to identify which shows they are without clicking on it. Changing the art and the episode label will help alot! Just my input. Thanks
Apologies that 0.9.0 isn't ready yet. Just putting some final polish on some things, as I go through various areas of the skin checking for things I need to fix, I discover areas where I feel the views are a little lacking. So these have been cooked up for your music libraries and television episodes. Some nice stuff coming. Not too much longer. Smile Your patience is appreciated.

Thanks for the status update, most definitely looking forward to the next release.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
@Rufoo  - no,no,no - our patience is a must, Your work is appreciated!
(2019-04-18, 07:23)Rufoo Wrote: @randallspicher 

That sounds pretty ace. If you want to fork Lyrebird and push your changes I'm happy to bring them into the fold or if you just wanna dump your XMLs in a zip and have me fetch it, happy to do that too. Full credits given, of course. Smile

If it is something that is viable for the average user, it would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Rufoo.
Hey, I created a fork.  https://github.com/randallspicher/skin.lyrebird.rmod.  I dropped a release for it there as well.

This has the following changes:
1.  Update to the PVR guide to display the tv/movie poster icons, instead of the channel icon.
2.  A tweak to allow actor-role images (requires static images in a static directory, they simply overlay (replace) the image from the kodi DB when present) I've been trying to make that use a skin property for the path (instead of hard-coding it) but apparently that isn't supported by the <texture> tag. (only ListItem props are parsed or something)
3.  I did massive changes to the MyWeather.xml, to add support for my NOAA weather plugin.  (I also split each screen out into a separate includes, rather than having one big giant monolithic crapload of XML to deal with in 1 file.  I also revamped how it loads the data (to call an include with a parameter so that the data only needs to be defined once, instead of cut/paste the data info 100 times)

Not sure how much of that (if any) you may want to roll into your master.  I'm pretty proud of my weather plugin though.

I plan on doing some more changes to the video dialog, for instance, other skins allow you to choose between searching for that actor within your library, or searching (via extendedinfo script) on themovedb.org.  I'd like to add that as well.  I've also seen other skins replace the show poster with a large version of the actor image when the actor is hilighted.
Hi, Just checking in on how the test version is going and status on Version 0.9.0? Thanks for all your hard work and looking forward to hopefully an updated version soon. I'm dying to get off the current default Kodi Skin and go back to use this (Mimic) as I previously did before updating to Kodi 18.
(2019-05-19, 17:35)gman12 Wrote: Hi, Just checking in on how the test version is going and status on Version 0.9.0? Thanks for all your hard work and looking forward to hopefully an updated version soon. I'm dying to get off the current default Kodi Skin and go back to use this (Mimic) as I previously did before updating to Kodi 18.

Hey mate, been very busy recently. Been working late which gives me little time and energy to pour into Kodi projects. Got some time off later in the week so I'll see what I can crank out for you and the other users then. Smile
(2019-05-20, 11:46)Rufoo Wrote:
(2019-05-19, 17:35)gman12 Wrote: Hi, Just checking in on how the test version is going and status on Version 0.9.0? Thanks for all your hard work and looking forward to hopefully an updated version soon. I'm dying to get off the current default Kodi Skin and go back to use this (Mimic) as I previously did before updating to Kodi 18.

Hey mate, been very busy recently. Been working late which gives me little time and energy to pour into Kodi projects. Got some time off later in the week so I'll see what I can crank out for you and the other users then. Smile 

Not a problem. I totally understand and don't want to rush you. Just wanted to check on how things are going? I got anxious checking the page daily..haha. Hope you get some down time so you can rest too. Thanks again for all your hard work and time you are putting into this project for everyone. Smile
(2019-04-19, 10:17)FireInMyHole Wrote: Hi @Rufoo

Appreciate you keeping Mimic alive. Thanks!

I've chosen Lyrebird for its minimal UI. It's the only skin that allows you to rename and sort Home Screen menus, and customize backgrounds.

I have one bug/issue I'd like you to fix as follows:

1. Full screen video
2. Invoke Audio Settings dialog
3. Choose Audio Offset

Audio Offset dialog pops up correctly, but the Auto Settings OSD remains open obscuring the screen. This makes it impossible to adjust lip sync without constantly toggling back and forth.

Thanks again
Another request for the Audio Offset dialog. It's kind of useless as is

Thanks
Hope 0.9 / 1.0 get released soon. I started to add roms/emulations and such last night, and while the test version is functional. its very lacking. the arcade view's options are hard to navigate. the 1st steam view has 3 options. and the 2nd steam view has none.

id love to get my hands on the version youre working with, that has more options so i can assist in testing/suggesting more.
(2019-05-24, 16:57)rdyott Wrote: Hope 0.9 / 1.0 get released soon. I started to add roms/emulations and such last night, and while the test version is functional. its very lacking. the arcade view's options are hard to navigate. the 1st steam view has 3 options. and the 2nd steam view has none.

id love to get my hands on the version youre working with, that has more options so i can assist in testing/suggesting more.

These are genuine questions, not passive-aggression. Just making it clear as, y'know, internet. Wink Can you be a bit more specific in your critique about lacking? By lacking, it suggests things are missing, or something that does not meet expectation / fills the need. So what it is it you are looking for? What is your expectation of what should be done with the views?

As said, genuine questions, I'm all ears, mate. Smile
I aplogize if i came off as passive aggressive. Didn’t mean to to be.

I think I touched on this before.

How the arcade view is set up. It’s a view that has a lot of options. But it’s strange how it works in kodi. Or maybe it’s my version?

Anyways. Arcade view. > customize view > shape.
Can be 7 different shapes.
Then template has 6 options.
Then fanart window has 3 option.
Then 16x9 icon has 3 options. If your shape is 16x9.

Soo. If you were to pick shape: poster and template: default.
Anytime you were to use Arcade.... those would be your style.

Like in AEL. You have a launcher set up with Roms in it. You pick “arcade”. And have posters has the shape.

If you were to create another launcher. And use arcade as the view... poster is the shape the Roms will be. If you change it to like wide. Then everything is wide.

I think how to resolve this is have multi arcade views. Or multi views for the different shapes.

Arcade Poster > options
Arcade Wide > options
Arcade Slim > options
Arcade 16x9 > options

So that way the shape is locked in for said emulator launcher. And then you have options to change it around.

As for lacking. Sorry.
I just referring to currently we only have 3 additional views. But the skin is very very functional and haven’t really found any bugs with what I use the skin for.
@rdyott 

Sounds like you're using the version prior to the last update. The behavior of the Arcade view was changed so that it will automatically change the box shape based on the system flag of your AEL launchers - hence Special Test Version. Wink
(2019-05-27, 04:22)Rufoo Wrote: @rdyott 

Sounds like you're using the version prior to the last update. The behavior of the Arcade view was changed so that it will automatically change the box shape based on the system flag of your AEL launchers - hence Special Test Version. Wink

Hmm odd. I thought I had updated to the latest. I’ll try again to update later after the wife goes to sleep and report back
(2019-05-27, 04:22)Rufoo Wrote: @rdyott 

OK. so that helped out tons.. arcade is working well now. small complaint about it though. it has now lost all customization. Im sure thats just a by product of what you had to do to auto do boxart via AEL system selection. and additional views are prolly in the works.
Steam explorer has only 2 templates. used to be 3.

I have some suggestion for views.. but ill wait for 0.9/1.0 release.. they might be there

thanks mate. hope you had a good weekend.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lyrebird MOD 0.9.9 (UPDATE: 2019-09-09)2