Bug Clean Library Bug w. Multiple Sources
Ran clean library with three networked sources (K:, L:, M). Network crashed 1/2 way (overnight process) and I woke up to the message L: not available would you like to keep library entries. I said yes and Clean Library exited. But it deleted all library entries for my last drive (M).

I've rebuilt, but I lost all my In Progress and Watched history for the M: drive (aargh).

Since then I've discovered the Addon Video Database Cleaner, which vastly speeds up the clean library action (and avoids problems with network drive failures).

This is just a FYI in case you run into the same problem.

LC
Hmm, I just ran a Clean Library about 20 minutes ago and forgot that I had switched off my other network computer last night. It asked me the same question for all 4 sources located on that computer and I lost nothing. That was on v17.6 but you don't mention any details of your setup.

The value of a regular Export can never be over-stated.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
configuration:
have ancient laptop running win7 (barely) with 2 usb-external hd's, one with double partition (so k: & l: are one hd, and m: is the other). laptop hooked up to router, and wireless connected to firetv using smb.
I have got all my watched status synced with trakt so no longer really worry about loosing that. Though just in case trakt shuts down or something also use tinymediamanager to write the watched status to the local nfo files every 2-3 weeks.
(2018-10-12, 17:42)DNKK Wrote: hough just in case trakt shuts down or something also use tinymediamanager to write the watched status to the local nfo files every 2-3 weeks.
Why don't you just run the Export function in Kodi? It will be more accurate and comprehensive.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-10-11, 22:51)Karellen Wrote: The value of a regular Export can never be over-stated.
 While I've not lost my library since before I even started using MySQL, now that I do use MySQL, I have it task running once a week to export the MySQL DB to a USB flash drive in the server for exactly this reason.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean Library Bug w. Multiple Sources0