What OS to install on my Raspberry PI?
Hi,

I would like to know what OS to install on my PI:

What I want to do:
Maybe install Kodi
Use it as a media centerRufus MapQuest UpToDate
PLAY GAMES - this is the number one reason (from nintendo consoles, MAME(arcade), Playsatation, etc)
Dont know if i can use it as a mini pc too
I would like to do all this at the same time is there an OS that can do all that? What I mean is let say i want to open kodi for streaming or etc, but then i get bored and i want play games or maybe use as a pc to code

If that is not possible at least to have it as a game console/emulator and kodi?
(2018-10-12, 08:37)jaisonsharma Wrote: Hi,

I would like to know what OS to install on my PI:

What I want to do:
Maybe install Kodi
Use it as a media center
PLAY GAMES - this is the number one reason (from nintendo consoles, MAME(arcade), Playsatation, etc)
Dont know if i can use it as a mini pc too
I would like to do all this at the same time is there an OS that can do all that? What I mean is let say i want to open kodi for streaming or etc, but then i get bored and i want play games or maybe use as a pc to code

If that is not possible at least to have it as a game console/emulator and kodi?
Yes.

https://pipplware.pplware.pt

It does everything you're looking for.
Raspbian can do all three, but the version of Kodi available can be a little outdated (unless you build it yourself or make changes to the sources used as noted above). It's the vanilla Pi OS into which you can install stuff and also do coding etc.
Retropie is good for games, and can have Kodi added into it.
Kodi Leia (simplest via LibreElec or OSMC installs) also has gaming built into it via retropie.

You can download all of them for free, so the simplest route is to try each and see which fits your personal needs best.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What OS to install on my Raspberry PI?1