Directory Channel Randomness Issues
Hey all. So I'm building out a few channels that emulate retro television networks. For example, I have a 'Nickelodeon" channel that plays old Nickelodeon shows via a Smart Playlist in Kodi. I also have two folders on my local HD that have commercials and bumpers in them. They are not in my Kodi library. I have both the "commercials" and "bumpers" set as a hidden directory channels. I have PseudoTV set up to interleave these channels so after a show is played, it plays 1 bumper, 3 commercials, 1 more bumper. and then the next show. This is all working correctly.

However, it seems as though they keep playing the same handful of commercials and bumpers, despite the fact there are over 300 available to pick from. I have them set to random play as well. The TV shows themselves work perfectly.

Is there something I am missing, or a better way to set this up? I would make smart playlists for both the commercials and bumpers in Kodi itself, but it doesn't seem to work since they are not in my Library(and there's no info to populate them with anyway). I tried using a regular m3u playlist made with Kodi, but PTV doesn't seem to recognize them.

Thanks!

TL: DR What is the best way to randomize a directory channel with videos not in your Kodi library?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Directory Channel Randomness Issues0