v18 Beta 4: No VFS Setting
Hi,

I upgraded my Shield (ARM64) from V18 Beta3 to V18 Beta4 and I can't find the VFS setting anymore. In Beta3 it w as no problem to play RAR files and now it's not working anymore.
Does anyone have the same problem? How can I fix this?

Thanks!
read https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-v18-leia-beta-4 and https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-v18-binary-...repository
But there should be something like "Virtual Filesystem Addon" under My Addons, right?
I saw and enabled that for Beta3. I don't see "Virtual Filesystem Addon" anymore now. Also, the repository search won't find anything for VFS, RAR, etc.
Other stuff I installed in Beta3, like InputStream Adaptive, is still there.
You went to Add-ons > Install from repository > Virtual filesystems?
My Add-ons only shows installed ones, as they aren't shipped with Kodi any-more they are also not installed by default.
Yes, the thing is, that I don't have "Virtual filesystems" in the menu anymore.

Here is a picture (It's in German but there is no "Virtual filesystems"):

You can see, that the repository in generell works, though. E.g. I installed the "Backup" Program Addon:

So, the question is, why is there no "Virtual filesystems" anymore? Even the search can't find it.
If you press left in the install from repo view, what date and time does it list as last update?
You can also try 'check for updates', maybe it helps. If not post a Debug log (wiki) where you do that.
Manually updating the repository was the solution! After that I saw the VFS menu and could install RAR support again.
Thank you very much for your help! Smile
(2018-10-24, 13:49)Rechi Wrote: If you press left in the install from repo view, what date and time does it list as last update?
You can also try 'check for updates', maybe it helps. If not post a Debug log (wiki) where you do that.
 This has been annoyance for long time cause as you see for whatever reason the repo gets stuck and doens't update even with the fix you did Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Beta 4: No VFS Setting0