Problems with smart playlists and path
Hello everyone.
I have 20 videos on a NAS and I would like to put them in a smart playlist.
I added videos to the library, then also as a video source.
When I create the playlist and choose path mode, no videos are uploaded to the playlist.
Where am I wrong? Can I do what I asked? Or do I have to install some addon that allows me to do?
Thank you.
Use "Begin With" in the rules and check if work.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
No, unfortunately it does not work. Sad
How about "contains" or "is"?
Nothing... Don't Function...
(2018-10-25, 12:24)rivivonet Wrote: I added videos to the library, then also as a video source.

When you look at your library do these videos show up in movies or tv shows?
Movies
Can you post your playlist here?
It's in userdata/playlists/video  - you can open it in a text editor and paste into a post.
Now I managed to create a playlist.
This is the text.

#EXTCPlayListM3U::M3U #EXTINF:0,HP EliteBook 8460p _ Overview [German:
.mp4 smb://RIVIVONAS/music/HP EliteBook 8460p _ Overview [German].mp4 #EXTINF:0,Hp Probook 6470b Notebook Review - ITshow.mp4 smb://RIVIVONAS/music/Hp Probook 6470b Notebook Review - ITshow.mp4 #EXTINF:0,Pavilion x360 Convertible Laptop _ Behind The Design _ HP.mp4 smb://RIVIVONAS/music/Pavilion x360 Convertible Laptop _ Behind The Design _ HP.mp4 #EXTINF:0,ThinkCentre Tiny-in-One 3 Product Tour.mp4 smb://RIVIVONAS/music/ThinkCentre Tiny-in-One 3 Product Tour.mp4 #EXTINF:0,Lenovo ThinkCentre M93p Tiny .mp4 smb://RIVIVONAS/music/Lenovo ThinkCentre M93p Tiny .mp4 #EXTINF:0,Lenovo ThinkCentre M91_p .mp4 smb://RIVIVONAS/music/Lenovo ThinkCentre M91_p .mp4 #EXTINF:0,ThinkCentre Tiny product tour.mp4 smb://RIVIVONAS/music/ThinkCentre Tiny product tour.mp4 #EXTINF:0,Lenovo ThinkCentre M90_M90p desktop tour.mp4 smb://RIVIVONAS/music/Lenovo ThinkCentre M90_M90p desktop tour.mp4 #EXTINF:0,ThinkCentre Torture Test_ M92_M92p_M72e Tiny.mp4 smb://RIVIVONAS/music/ThinkCentre Torture Test_ M92_M92p_M72e Tiny.mp4 #EXTINF:0,Lenovo T430 ThinkPad ASMR Refurb Unboxing Video.mp4 smb://RIVIVONAS/music/Lenovo T430 ThinkPad ASMR Refurb Unboxing Video.mp4 #EXTINF:0,Lenovo ThinkCentre M91P.mp4 smb://RIVIVONAS/music/Lenovo ThinkCentre M91P.mp4]

Now to this file can I add a string that allows me to add videos automatically?
That isn't a smart playlist (it's a playlist but not a smart one).
Here's an example from my setup:
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Stand-up</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="startswith">
        <value>smb://Source Films/Standup</value>
    </rule>
    <group>none</group>
    <order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
</smartplaylist>
That folder (smb://Source Films/Standup) is set as a source and content set as movies.  Whatever I stick in the folder, if it scans to the library (ie shows up in movies) it will appear when I click the playlist.
To make a start playlist you can use the gui...
videos > playlists > new smart playlist

Edit:
Just managed to read your playlist properly, and realised it's for music files.  That doesn't sound like what you were originally asking - so is that the wrong fileHuh
Quote:smb://RIVIVONAS/music/HP EliteBook 8460p _ Overview [German].mp4 #EXTINF:0,Hp Probook 6470b Notebook Review - ITshow.mp4
smb://RIVIVONAS/music/Hp Probook 6470b Notebook Review - ITshow.mp4 #EXTINF:0,Pavilion x360 Convertible Laptop _ Behind The Design _ HP.mp4
smb://RIVIVONAS/music/Pavilion x360 Convertible Laptop _ Behind The Design _ HP.mp4 #EXTINF:0,ThinkCentre Tiny-in-One 3 Product Tour.mp4
smb://RIVIVONAS/music/ThinkCentre Tiny-in-One 3 Product Tour.mp4 #EXTINF:0,Lenovo ThinkCentre M93p Tiny .mp4
smb://RIVIVONAS/music/Lenovo ThinkCentre M93p Tiny .mp4 #EXTINF:0,Lenovo ThinkCentre M91_p .mp4
smb://RIVIVONAS/music/Lenovo ThinkCentre M91_p .mp4 #EXTINF:0,ThinkCentre Tiny product tour.mp4
smb://RIVIVONAS/music/ThinkCentre Tiny product tour.mp4 #EXTINF:0,Lenovo ThinkCentre M90_M90p desktop tour.mp4
smb://RIVIVONAS/music/Lenovo ThinkCentre M90_M90p desktop tour.mp4 #EXTINF:0,ThinkCentre Torture Test_ M92_M92p_M72e Tiny.mp4
smb://RIVIVONAS/music/ThinkCentre Torture Test_ M92_M92p_M72e Tiny.mp4 #EXTINF:0,Lenovo T430 ThinkPad ASMR Refurb Unboxing Video.mp4
smb://RIVIVONAS/music/Lenovo T430 ThinkPad ASMR Refurb Unboxing Video.mp4 #EXTINF:0,Lenovo ThinkCentre M91P.mp4
smb://RIVIVONAS/music/Lenovo ThinkCentre M91P.mp4][/syntax]

Yes, the list is that, the folder name does not identify the folder.
But the code on your list allows you to watch videos randomly and continuously?
(2018-11-08, 11:56)rivivonet Wrote: Yes, the list is that, the folder name does not identify the folder.
But the code on your list allows you to watch videos randomly and continuously?
I don't know what that means.
Click on that smart playlist and you see any library item (movie) that's in that path.
Use the context menu on it and you can play everything in it, in the order listed.
There's a 'random' option - but I've never tried it.
This is the code of the playlist

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>prova 5 </name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">
<value>smb://RIVIVONAS/music/</value>
</rule>
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

But when I open the playlist it's empty, there's nothing.
Huh
The playlist format looks okay (I use 'startswith' rather than 'contains' but both should work).
The path looks a little odd though - isn't that your music directory?
What kind of films do you have in smb://RIVIVONAS/music/ ?
Is that folder's content set to 'movies'?
Do you see them in your movies list when you view your library (as opposed to looking in file mode via 'videos'?
Of course I see the files, unfortunately I can not rename the music folder in video.
You think it may be due to the folder name the problem?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with smart playlists and path0