HDMI CEC problem with AVR
Dear Everyone!

I have a Raspberry Pi 3B with Kodi installed on it. I have bought a new AVR (Denon AVR-X3400H is that matters) since then the CEC control is unrealiable. Sometimes work, sometimes don't.
I'm trying to achieve this with a Harmony Hub and Remote Controller. Harmony manages turning on all devices, selecting input sources, etc so I turned these off in the CEC controller. It works great until a few days pass and the CEC control is gone... I can control it from the app, everything works except CEC control.
This seems to be an issue since I have this new AVR (Kodi is plugged into the AVR, the AVR is plugged into the TV), but I don't know what config should I change to work. Power on AVR is off, the HDMI physical output is not set (0).

Specs: Kodi v17, Raspberry 3B, Raspbian

Thanks!
Try adding the following to /boot/config.txt:
:
config_hdmi_boost=7
It can go up to 11 if I recall correctly. If it still doesn't work correctly, I would try a different HDMI cables.
And can this solve this error? I don't have any other error with the hdmi signal itself...
(2018-11-05, 22:10)rkrisi Wrote: And can this solve this error? I don't have any other error with the hdmi signal itself...
 Probably. If you still loose CEC after sometime, try with a higher number like 9 or something, if still does not work, try with another HDMI cables.
Thank you for help I'll try it!
Out of interest - what other devices do you have connected to your AVR?  Anything other than a Vero 4K/4K+ with an AMLogic chipset usually causes major problems with both HDMI CEC (at least from the Pi to the AVR - I don't use CEC from TV to the Pi) AND HDMI ARC unless they are fully disconnected or powered down (by removing power)...  The Vero is better in this regard.  I think the LibreElec/CoreElec builds use a different version of uBoot that gives more CEC functionality - but causes them to block CEC instructions when in standby or on.

I have an X2400 Denon and a Pi - let me know what your device is or isn't doing specifically and I'll see if I can repeat it on my system ?  (I run a Sony UHD Bravia TV)
Sorry for the late reply!

It seems that hdmi-boost doesn't really helped on this. I still have the problem. It works for days and after a time it stops working until I restart the RPi.
I have a Cisco STB connected to it (provided by the TV service provider) and a Chromecast. Nothing special I think.

Thanks!
Did you tried another HDMI cable ? A shorter one preferably. It can be some kind of signal interference in your electrical system/plugs.
Yes I have tried another one (these are 0.5m long cables, since the Pi is right behind the AVR), but this is a fully identical one (same product...), so I might try a different cable, but I didn't had time to do it.

Also I only have this problem since I have my AVR. Before that the RPi was plugged into a HDMI/OPTICAL audio splitter and the HDMI to the TV, but I didn't had a single problem (so it was almost the same, the RPi was not connected directly).
I had some time to play around with this. Figure out (I was silly though) that I don't really need to control the TV it is better to control the AVR and enable HDMI Control on the AVR.
(I have a Harmony Controller so it doesn't really matter which one I control).
After enabling the HDMI control (and solving some problems with it) I was able to control Kodi from the Denon AVR app. However I was not able to control it from the remote controller (tried it with it's original remote controller also).

Does someone know why this happens?

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI CEC problem with AVR0