Default subtitles + remote control
Hi everyone, first I'm french, so I'm sorry for my quite bad english... 

I just discovered Kodi and the wonderful stuffs it does... so I have some questions (maybe dumb questions...) for you all guys, and thanks for any answer you'll be able to give to me.

I use Kodi on a full HD LG TV, by an ASUSTOR AS 6404T NAS (which is very good btw).

It's OK for the audio (always in VO = english) because the default audio option works perfectly. Each movie automatically start in english, as I want, great.
I have an issue with the default subtitles. I put it on french of course, but if there is some forced french subtiles in the mkv file I'm reading, it's quite sure they'll pop on screen instead of the full french subtitled. I guess this is depending on the order of the french subtitles file into the mkv, or maybe some "default subtitle option" in the mkv. 

It's quite boring because I can't remake all my mkv files, so I'm wondering if there is some easy way to do it directly in Kodi.

I think an other way is to drive Kodi with a wireless keyboard and change subtitles when starting the movie (maybe the "T" or "S" key, I saw it on some post in google).

If there is no way in Kodi, could my ASUSTOR official remote control do the job ? Or maybe I have to try some other remote control ? Which one ? A keyboard ?

Hope someone'll be able to help me, thank you guys!
D*** it ! If there is no answer here, where may I find them ? :O

I'm searching on google for one week, I did'nt find anything :/
(2018-11-07, 01:04)franckytaz Wrote: I guess this is depending on the order of the french subtitles file into the mkv, or maybe some "default subtitle option" in the mkv. 
Embedded subtitles can be set as default or forced in MKV files, but there is also the Kodi GUI option "Preferred subtitle language" via Settings/Player/Language/Subtitles. I assume that Kodi's choice will be used over any embedded subtitle settings.

Personally I removed all non-used subtitles in my MKV using batch files. I'm not going to watch the other subtitles anyway, and it saves a bit of file space as well along the way.
Ok thanks for the answer.

Indeed in Kodi there is the prefered subtitles option, like I said I mut it on "french" of course, but it choose most often the forced FR subtitles instead of the full FR subtitle... maybe because the forced sub appears often before the full sub into many mkv file.

So I always have to go to option and change sub every time I'm watching a movie... pretty boring.

I would prefer keep both sub if it's possible, cause my girlfriend prefer FR sound + forced sub... 

Maybe there is a way to set full FR sub by default ?

Thanks a lot
Up ! =) I did not find the option yet...

I don't know how to proceed to have full FR subtitles by default instead of forced FR subtitles... I'm sure there is a way to do that, maybe with the "advanced setting" file ?
Up (the last), I don't believe I'm the only one who noticed this... How do you guys do to change défaut subtitles ? Do you change each time you're watching movie (if needed) ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default subtitles + remote control0