Lost Settings Button
I'm pretty screwed on this one. I've been using the same interface configuration for years. One of the changes was to eliminate all of the buttons from the Shutdown bar -- only the Close KODI remains. Today I was setting up another system to be similar to mine. At some point I must have disabled the Settings button. So now I can't get into Settings to correct anything. Is there a shortcut or something to get back to Settings?
By default there is two ways to enter settings, the shutdown bar, and the settings button and from the sounds of it, you have modified the skin to deny access via the GUI. Suggestion enter your userdata\addon_data\skin.transparency and look for a file called settings.xml and with an editor change (line ~17 in the latest) to <setting id="hide_shutdown_settings" type="bool">false</setting> which on next boot should allow you into the settings via shutdown.

Alternately delete the guisettings.xml in your userdata folder and Kodi will default to Esutary with settings access.
Thanks. I later realized that I have a backup of the settings.xml file. Would simply replacing the current one with the backup return everything to its previous state?
It is where T! keeps user settings, just be sure your path is correct, there is many settings.xml files in the system.
Thanks, it worked like a charm.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lost Settings Button0