Video Library Has Multiples for Multi CD Movies
Hey guys, whenever I scan my movies to my library, and movie that has more then one cd is entered into the library multiple times. So if there is a CD1 and a CD2, there ends up being 3 entrys in the library, one for the first cd, one for the second, and one for the combined movie. I have "stacked" enabled. Any ideas?
State exactly how your files are named. With examples, preferably. Otherwise we're just guessing Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Across the Universe.cd1.avi
Acroos the Universe.cd2.avi

THats on example, with that I get 3 identicle entrys in my library.
Did you enable stacking before scanning? Those cases will definitely stack, assuming "Acroos" is a typo Wink
Stacking is automatically enabled during scan, so it's probably due to an old library being updated. The old way we stored stacks in the library has been depreciated.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

What is the easiest way to start from scratch on only my video library?
I also have this problem. In my case it is 'SinCity-cd1.avi' and 'SinCity-cd2.avi'.
Delete the video library.

userdata/database/myvideo*.db

How about a multi DVD series like Band Of Brothers? Right now I have multiple BOB-1, BOB-2, type folders in my movie root. Is there a better way to do this? The movies are VOB/IFO format of course Smile
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
I need to delete the entire database? That sucks, I recently just had to do that and rescan everything back in. Ah well, thems the breaks i suppose...
Matt, what version is your XBMC? On what verison did you scan the last time?
I'm using T3CH Rev. 13120 (second latest version)
I last rescanned my whole library on the previous t3ch revision before that.
I had changed the location of my network shares so I had to rescan and that's when the triples started showing up.
But come to think of it, i'm not sure if i deleted my database or just rescanned them.
Erm...if you're using t3ch this should be in the xbox forums. Not that the solution isn't the same for all platforms. It's just that if there were a actually a bug you'd have devs digging in the wrong places.
I've been experiencing this problem as well. I just rebuilt my box ~ 2 weeks ago, running 8.04 and using the SVN PPA's. Some file paths:

/media/odin-700/movies/Across\ The\ Universe/Across the Universe - 1.avi
/media/odin-700/movies/Across\ The\ Universe/Across the Universe - 2.avi

/media/odin-700/movies/There\ Will\ Be\ Blood/There Will Be Blood - 1.avi
/media/odin-700/movies/There\ Will\ Be\ Blood/There Will Be Blood - 2.avi

I set it to use folder names for titles since I also have some DVDs that only have .VOB files in the folder.

For the setting - 'Folder only contains a single video' - this means for the entire folder that is being scanned correct? I leave this unchecked.

I have scan recursively also set because of the DVD folders I mentioned before. There paths looks like:

/media/odin-700/movies/SOME DVD/VIDEO_TS/*.VOB

So is the recursive option correct for scanning those types of folders?

thanks.

p.s. I do have stacking enabled. I do not remember having this problem back when I was running 7.10 and whatever older 7.10 PPA was out then (I believe the first alpha candidate)
Antec Fusion
Intel E2160 (1.8GHz)
4GB Patriot DDR2 800
Auztech X-Mystique Sound Card
300GB + 500GB + 750GB + 1TB
Ubuntu 9.10
althekiller Wrote:Erm...if you're using t3ch this should be in the xbox forums. Not that the solution isn't the same for all platforms. It's just that if there were a actually a bug you'd have devs digging in the wrong places.
Agreed, I should have pointed that out on my first post.
Main point being, it happens on different platforms. I will try totally erasing my video database again and if it still happens i will post in the correct forums.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Library Has Multiples for Multi CD Movies0