V18 RC1 Crash on playing AVI files.
Hi,
   just swapped over from running Kodi V18 on an android box to same Kodi running on Windows 10.  I have numerous old TV episodes in AVI format now which crash Kodi on pressing play, they didn't on android with same Kodi version.  I have posted the crash dump hoping that someone has a clue

http://paste.kodi.tv/hidusezujo

cheers

John
Try playing an avi on a local disk instead of an nfs mount. You don't have to scrape it into the library; just use the file manager to find and play it.

EDIT: ahhh never mind. Was reading log on mobile and misread a line.

I don't see a failure in the Kodi log. You probably want to look at your windows 10 logs.
Hi,  
    windows log says fault in module igd10iumd64.dll   Not sure what this does or is.

cheers

John
Hi,
    problem turned out to be a bad driver on Microsoft Update.  Loaded all drivers straight from Intel's site and it fixed problem.

cheers

John
A google search for igd10iumd64 shows this is an Intel graphics driver. There are a number of listings regarding problems & crashes including at least one result from microsoft.com.

I would check for driver updates from Microsoft, Intel, and the computer manufacturer. Careful with 3rd party dll sites: lots of malware out there.

What is your Win 10 machine?
Glad you found your problem! Also thanks for posting a follow up. So many people ask for help and then disappear.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
V18 RC1 Crash on playing AVI files.0