• 67(current)
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded
@beatmasterrs is there an easy way, maybe editing an xml file or something, to decrease the thickness of the borders around the focus squares?
(2020-06-05, 14:34)junitodx Wrote: @beatmasterrs is there an easy way, maybe editing an xml file or something, to decrease the thickness of the borders around the focus squares?

Can you provide a screenshot of what you mean exactly? Smile
(2020-06-03, 17:30)Frusciantism Wrote: Excellent skin, congratulations!

Would it be possible to add the possible force to a view?

It's allready on my todo list. I've had a look, how it works with other skins, so i can try to include it. 

Could you perhaps briefly explain to me what this is needed for and how I can best test it? Smile Cause i have never used this feature in other skins
(2020-06-05, 19:40)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2020-06-05, 14:34)junitodx Wrote: @beatmasterrs is there an easy way, maybe editing an xml file or something, to decrease the thickness of the borders around the focus squares?

Yes sir. I'd actually like to make the white focus border indicated below maybe half as thick as they are now. I think it would look a little more elegant if it was closer in thickness to say the default borders around the other movies in the screenshot. Also, oddly enough, there are a few instances where the focus border either covers or at least touches some of the movie poster text depending on where the text is placed on the poster.
(2020-06-05, 20:56)junitodx Wrote:
(2020-06-05, 19:40)beatmasterrs Wrote:

Yes sir. I'd actually like to make the white focus border indicated below maybe half as thick as they are now. I think it would look a little more elegant if it was closer in thickness to say the default borders around the other movies in the screenshot. Also, oddly enough, there are a few instances where the focus border either covers or at least touches some of the movie poster text depending on where the text is placed on the poster.

You're right, I can just see that the boxes are not centered properly either. Ok to modify the boxes, open: View_510_Minimal.xml and look for image-controls with:

xml:
common/selectbox.png

inside. This is the png for the select boxes. E.g. https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...#L467-L476

xml:
<control type="image">
<left>5</left>
<top>0</top>
<right>-20</right>
<bottom>-23</bottom>
<animation easing="inout" effect="zoom" end="90" start="100" time="0" tween="sine" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
<texture colordiffuse="$VAR[ColorSquares]" border="20">common/selectbox.png</texture>
<animation center="auto" condition="Control.HasFocus(510)" effect="fade" end="100" start="0" time="250">Focus</animation>
<animation center="auto" condition="Control.HasFocus(510)" effect="fade" end="0" start="100" time="50">UnFocus</animation>
</control>

Edit the zoom-animation values, e.g.:

xml:
<animation easing="inout" effect="zoom" end="70" start="100" time="0" tween="sine" condition="true">Conditional</animation>

end="70" is the reduced size in percent. Then edit the following to your needs:

xml:
<left>5</left>
<top>0</top>
<right>-80</right>
<bottom>-23</bottom>
After all that, save the file, reload the skin or restart kodi for changes to take effect. Smile

Maybe you can post a before-and-after result of your work Smile
(2020-06-05, 22:08)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2020-06-05, 20:56)junitodx Wrote:
(2020-06-05, 19:40)beatmasterrs Wrote: Can you provide a screenshot of what you mean exactly? Smile          

You're right, I can just see that the boxes are not centered properly either. Ok to modify the boxes, open: View_510_Minimal.xml and look for image-controls with:

xml:
common/selectbox.png

inside. This is the png for the select boxes. E.g. https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...#L467-L476

xml:
<control type="image">
<left>5</left>
<top>0</top>
<right>-20</right>
<bottom>-23</bottom>
<animation easing="inout" effect="zoom" end="90" start="100" time="0" tween="sine" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
<texture colordiffuse="$VAR[ColorSquares]" border="20">common/selectbox.png</texture>
<animation center="auto" condition="Control.HasFocus(510)" effect="fade" end="100" start="0" time="250">Focus</animation>
<animation center="auto" condition="Control.HasFocus(510)" effect="fade" end="0" start="100" time="50">UnFocus</animation>
</control>

Edit the zoom-animation values, e.g.:

xml:
<animation easing="inout" effect="zoom" end="70" start="100" time="0" tween="sine" condition="true">Conditional</animation>

end="70" is the reduced size in percent. Then edit the following to your needs:

xml:
<left>5</left>
<top>0</top>
<right>-80</right>
<bottom>-23</bottom>
After all that, save the file, reload the skin or restart kodi for changes to take effect. Smile

How's she look so far  Rofl Rofl Rofl

I am having a problem getting the right value for the bottom tag. I was incrementally increasing the negative number to drop it further down but then oddly enough when I got to about -115 it almost looked like the bottom border started to hide behind the bottom half of the poster. The above pic is with a bottom value of -115 and you can just barely see part of the bottom border. If I switch to -116 the bottom border it completely gone. These are the values I am using in the above screenshot:

<control type="image">
                    <left>9</left>
                    <top>3</top>
                    <right>-411</right>
                    <bottom>-115</bottom>
                    <animation easing="inout" effect="zoom" end="30" start="100" time="0" tween="sine" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
                    <animation center="auto" condition="Control.HasFocus(510)"  effect="fade" end="0" start="100" time="50">UnFocus</animation>
                </control>
(2020-06-06, 02:43)junitodx Wrote:
(2020-06-05, 22:08)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2020-06-05, 20:56)junitodx Wrote: Yes sir. I'd actually like to make the white focus border indicated below maybe half as thick as they are now. I think it would look a little more elegant if it was closer in thickness to say the default borders around the other movies in the screenshot. Also, oddly enough, there are a few instances where the focus border either covers or at least touches some of the movie poster text depending on where the text is placed on the poster.

Sorry, that was my fault. I guess I didn't test it right.  Confused I think the best way is to just display the texture behind the poster instead of zooming it:

- cut the complete image control and paste it between the first two image controls,
 - remove the zoom animation, e.g.: 

xml:
<control type="image">
    <left>2</left>
    <top>-3</top>
    <right>-5</right>
    <bottom>6</bottom>
    <texture border="10">common/$VAR[nofocus-shadow10]</texture>
</control>
<control type="image">
    <left>8</left>
    <top>2</top>
    <right>2</right>
    <bottom>12</bottom>
</control>
<control type="image">
    <left>9</left>
    <top>4</top>
    <right>4</right>
    <bottom>14</bottom>                          
    <texture colordiffuse="Box2" border="4" background="true">common/box21.png</texture>   
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(thumbnails.white)</visible>                        
</control>

I can just see how stupid I've made this whole thing.  Sleepy  Ok with this code, i get this:

For better results, you can also remove the white thin borders image-control:

xml:
<control type="image">
    <left>9</left>
    <top>4</top>
    <right>4</right>
    <bottom>14</bottom>                          
    <texture colordiffuse="Box2" border="4" background="true">common/box21.png</texture>   
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(thumbnails.white)</visible>                        
</control>
(2020-06-06, 10:51)beatmasterrs Wrote:  - cut the complete image control and paste it between the first two image controls,
(2020-06-06, 10:51)beatmasterrs Wrote: For better results, you can also remove the white thin borders image-control:
@beatmasterrs 
Went with both these suggestions and am loving the result. Just looks a little sleeker to me, totally personal preference of course. I also changed the border color from white to a bright yellow via your standard color picker in the skin settings menu. I think it makes it pop a little more, especially if the poster or fanart is light, now that the border is so thin.
A Few Good Men below is a perfect example of what I meant about the thicker border sometimes covering up text. Even with my new awesome super thin focus border the A and the N at the ends are barely clear of being obstructed. The original thicker focus borders would have at the very least touched the letters if not covered them up a bit.
Took me a minute (or 10  Rofl )  to realize I needed to cut the image control code from multiple places (4 I think it was) then only paste it into one section but super glad I kept at it.Thanks for walking me through it.
(2020-06-06, 13:51)junitodx Wrote:
(2020-06-06, 10:51)beatmasterrs Wrote:  - cut the complete image control and paste it between the first two image controls,
(2020-06-06, 10:51)beatmasterrs Wrote: For better results, you can also remove the white thin borders image-control:
@beatmasterrs 
Went with both these suggestions and am loving the result. Just looks a little sleeker to me, totally personal preference of course. I also changed the border color from white to a bright yellow via your standard color picker in the skin settings menu. I think it makes it pop a little more, especially if the poster or fanart is light, now that the border is so thin.
A Few Good Men below is a perfect example of what I meant about the thicker border sometimes covering up text. Even with my new awesome super thin focus border the A and the N at the ends are barely clear of being obstructed. The original thicker focus borders would have at the very least touched the letters if not covered them up a bit.
Took me a minute (or 10  Rofl )  to realize I needed to cut the image control code from multiple places (4 I think it was) then only paste it into one section but super glad I kept at it.Thanks for walking me through it.

The truth is that it looks very nice, @beatmasterrs will you implement it in the new version / update?

Regards.
(2020-06-06, 17:38)kevylluma Wrote:
(2020-06-06, 13:51)junitodx Wrote:
@beatmasterrs 

The truth is that it looks very nice, @beatmasterrs will you implement it in the new version / update?

Regards. 

Yes, it looks absolutely nice! The only problem i have is, that this does not fit to the design language of the skin, especially for the focus boxes.

Anyway, I will include it Smile
It's done. Now this view looks much more harmonious. thx a lot Smile

Please download and test: https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...master.zip
(2020-06-06, 20:01)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2020-06-06, 17:38)kevylluma Wrote:
(2020-06-06, 13:51)junitodx Wrote: @beatmasterrs 

Regards. 

Yes, it looks absolutely nice! The only problem i have is, that this does not fit to the design language of the skin, especially for the focus boxes.

Anyway, I will include it Smile
@beatmasterrs 
Glad some people actually liked my suggestions and you decided to include it in your build  Blush
When you mention it does not fit with the design language did you make any other cosmetic changes that I haven't noticed or did you just mean from a coding perspective? Just curious if there were any other little tweaks you made since you are constantly improving this awesome skin.
I can't get Rotten or Meta ratings to show. I've tried the following steps below:
Quote:1. Install the beta version of skin helper from marcelveldt's beta repository: https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...-1.0.1.zip
2. Go to omdb and get an API key. If you are lucky you can get a free key, but please consider donating to omdb via Patreon to keep omdb alive: http://www.omdbapi.com/apikey.aspx
3. Once you have an API key, go to Skin Settings > Supported Addons and click script.module.metadatautils to open its settings,
4. Go to the API section of the settings and enter your omdb api key, then press OK to save your settings.
5. Close Kodi and delete simplecache.db from kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.module.simplecache/simplecache.db
This step is not necessary and is only needed to force kodi to rebuild the skinhelper cache.
6. Open kodi and your ratings should now work. It can take a little while for skin helper to retrieve ratings for the focused item the first time around, so make sure you give it a little bit of time before reporting problems.
It still won't show up. I have it enabled in skin settings, I have my omdb key. I've deleted the cache but I don't think skinhelper is rebuilding?
Hi!
I have found a problem with the list view.
When in list view the resume function doesn't work
Can you resolve?
(2020-06-13, 21:58)solemente Wrote: Hi!
I have found a problem with the list view.
When in list view the resume function doesn't work
Can you resolve?

What does not work there compared to other views? Maybe you could provide a screenshot?
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded11