FF/REW return normal playback speed by pressing play not working
Sony TV using remote Leia Beta's/RC I have noticed that when fast forwarding or rewinding pressing play does nothing and continues to FF or REW and does not revert to normal playback speed as it did before in 17.

I have found I have to press pause when I get to where I want and then press play to resume at normal speed.

Is this a bug in the leia or is their something changed that I can configure to fix this?

Sorry if it has been spoken about already but couldn't find anything on it.
I've run into the same thing.  Also on Sony smart TVs.  It's really annoying and confusing to work around.

FF and Rew will not stop unless you hit pause and then play.  I can't understand why that would be by design.
I have the same issue, very annoying.
When using Kore (Kodi remote app on Android) on my phone, it responds to the play button.
But when I press play on the remote to my Philips TV, it does not respond.
So I guess it is something with the CEC handling in Kodi 18 that is broken, because it used to work in 17.6 before I upgraded to 18.
This issue is weird.  The pause button acts as a pause/play toggle.
So in FF or REW, hitting pause twice will disable FF/REW and return to normal play (just as if you hit pause and then play).
Play itself only resumes from pause.  It's otherwise a useless key and basically redundant now.

I have no idea why this changed and why few people are talking about it unless it is an android specific issue.

So I checked out the Keymap wiki which now says regarding 'Play':
Quote:Play the selected item (or folder of items). Note: You may want to use playpause
instead of just "play", since it will no longer pause media already being played.
It's possible the pause button actually now defaults as PlayPause, not true Pause.  It may also mean this is a feature(?) not a bug.  In past versions both play and pause acted as PlayPause.  Now they function differently.

It probably makes more sense to remap your remote Play button as 'PlayPause' and Pause as 'Pause'.  It'll still require hitting a key twice to stop FF/REW, but it would be more intuitive.

Edit: Even more baffling.  I attempted to change the keys as I mentioned above and for some reason the Key ID for both my play and pause buttons read as 16838845.
So by default they act differently, but if I try to remap them, Kodi sees no difference between the keys.
You know, it might be time to re-install Krypton.
Check this an test

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=341287
(2019-02-26, 15:17)neires7 Wrote: Check this an test

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=341287
What should I be looking at?
I don't know about anyone else, but this issue seems to have resolved since the last update.  I guess someone at the Kodi team noticed something was wrong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FF/REW return normal playback speed by pressing play not working0