• 10(current)
[New Feature] Movie version
(2023-10-29, 04:01)ashlar Wrote: The more I think about this, the more I feel that the big disconnect (for me) stems from the difference in presentation between Movie Versions and Movie Sets. When I select a Movie Set, I navigate "inside", where I see a list of movies that the set contains. I think my unconscious expectation, so far, was to have that for Movie Versions as well.
That's how I envisaged this feature would work as well. Maybe it would be clearer with some images.

Movies view showing that 'Alien' has different versions as indicated by the versions icon similar to how collections work -

And, in the same way as collections, clicking on 'Alien' shows all versions available -

And then clicking which version you want will play it (or whatever your default action is).
Here's what I meant by using the select dialog -

You can even add the 'Manage versions' button here.

This is a lot less intrusive and more intuative than having the manage versions dialog open here.
And you could use the same select dialog for managing versions by simply adding a few more buttons (less work for skinners).

I've been watching this thread with some interest and if I am correct this new feature adds some tables or makes changes to the Kodi video database ?  If so, how does that impact things like the Kodi Media Importer feature, or doesn't it ? 

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2023-10-29, 11:31)Hitcher Wrote: Here's what I meant by using the select dialog -

This is a lot less intrusive and more intuative than having the manage versions dialog open here.

Unfortunately I've had no time to test yet, but this is how I imagine it should work.

Have any infobools been defined to give control to give skinners the control to do what they want?

For example I would imagine there could be:

Container.Content(movieversions)
Container.Content(tvversions)
Container.Content(extras)
ListItem.IsMovieVersion
ListItem.IsTVVersion
ListItem.IsExtra

Similar to what we have for movie sets / music boxsets see https://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_boolean_conditions

I don't see any from my quick glance at the code?
@jjd-uk No, there isn't but it isn't much work to add the listitem stuff.  Container contents I have no experience of but it's all just code at the end of the day so it will be do-able.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
@ashlar, I've improved the part for context menu for a movie. Now the "Manage movie version" will open the version management dialog. If there is only one version of a movie, an additional "Convert movie version" context menu item will be there, so you can change its version.
(2023-10-29, 11:38)Hitcher Wrote: And you could use the same select dialog for managing versions by simply adding a few more buttons (less work for skinners).

This is my original design of this feature. But as the dialog only can have very limited information (can't set various arts, can't separate versions and extras, can't see the file path, etc.), so I redesigned this and use a custom dialog.
(2023-10-29, 13:28)jbinkley60 Wrote: I've been watching this thread with some interest and if I am correct this new feature adds some tables or makes changes to the Kodi video database ?  If so, how does that impact things like the Kodi Media Importer feature, or doesn't it ? 

Thanks,

Jeff
It doesn't affect this at all, the whole video version feature is implemented separately, it doesn't alter the existing tables (except when changing the default video version, which just changes the file associated with a video item).
(2023-10-29, 21:06)XODIDOX Wrote: This is my original design of this feature. But as the dialog only can have very limited information (can't set various arts, can't separate versions and extras, can't see the file path, etc.), so I redesigned this and use a custom dialog.
Like I said it just needs a few more buttons added and you add the path as ListItem.Label2.

And as mentioned earlier Extras should really be its own PR and not part of this one.
(2023-10-29, 15:24)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2023-10-29, 11:31)Hitcher Wrote: Here's what I meant by using the select dialog -

Unfortunately I've had no time to test yet, but this is how I imagine it should work.

Have any infobools been defined to give control to give skinners the control to do what they want?

For example I would imagine there could be:

Container.Content(movieversions)
Container.Content(tvversions)
Container.Content(extras)
ListItem.IsMovieVersion
ListItem.IsTVVersion
ListItem.IsExtra

Similar to what we have for movie sets / music boxsets see https://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_boolean_conditions

I don't see any from my quick glance at the code?
I'll add this.
For anyone has interest in this feature:

Please check the system defined version list at the end of this file, I tried my best to collect these and gave a widely used names, but I must miss something, or the naming is not very good for some. Please give feedback on these. Thanks!

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14972/...3663c01d79
(2023-10-29, 21:47)XODIDOX Wrote: Please check the system defined version list at the end of this file, I tried my best to collect these and gave a widely used names, but I must miss something, or the naming is not very good for some. Please give feedback on these. Thanks!

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14972/...3663c01d79
In case members are not sure what they are looking at...

xml:
Standard Edition
Extended Edition
Unrated Version
Uncut Version
Remastered Version
Theatrical Cut
Director's Cut
Special Edition
Limited Edition
Complete Edition
The Final Cut
Super Duper Cut
Collector's Edition
Ultimate Collector's Edition
Criterion Collection Edition
Fan Edit
Black and White Edition
BluRay
WEB-DL
3D
IMAX
UHD
FHD
HD
SD
DVD
VHS
VCD
10th Anniversary Edition
20th Anniversary Edition
25th Anniversary Edition
30th Anniversary Edition
40th Anniversary Edition
50th Anniversary Edition
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
suggestion

instead of making users conform to a set of versions that can be found, it would be better to allow the versions to be variable

use a format already in place on other platforms which will meet existing file naming for *most

the recommended naming is use anything after Year and before Resolution in the filename

f.e. Deadpool.2.2018.Super.Duper.Cut.2160p

the version would be 'Super Duper Cut'

this would allow users to make any version name text they wish and easily extracted by looking for text in the filename with a regex, limits would be programmatic length and invalid characters Only

just a recommendation
(2023-10-29, 21:12)XODIDOX Wrote: It doesn't affect this at all, the whole video version feature is implemented separately, it doesn't alter the existing tables (except when changing the default video version, which just changes the file associated with a video item).

So separate tables and such in a new local database ?  If so, I presume the media importer would need to write to the new tables / db to share version info on the server with the local Kodi instance and with other sharing solutions how would folks share version info across multiple instances of Kodi ?  I am not trying to poke holes in anything being done here.  Just seeking to understand how it is implemented more under the covers.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[New Feature] Movie version1