BDMV folder - Playback Failed
I just received a rip of a Blu-Ray disc, it's a BD50 movie concert. When I try to play it I get an error: Playback Failed, check the log for more info about this message.

I'm not 100% sure how to check the log. My log uploader generated a URL https://paste.kodi.tv/fikodojepa

FYI I'm running Kodi on my Intel NUC.

thank you
Kodi 18.0 on Windows 10 Home, version 1803. Intel NUC7 i5 BNKP, 16GB RAM.
FYI the folder plays fine in VLC.
@citysoundman

Debug Mode was not enabled, so we can see the errors, but not why they are occurring.

Can you re-create the log as follows, making sure you play the BluRay as you did before...

1. Enable Debugging mode. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option or press ctrl-shift-d on a keyboard
  2. Restart Kodi
  3. Replicate the problem.
  4. Upload the log using either the:
    a. Manual method to Kodi Paste Site. Log location is detailed here... Log_file/Advanced#Location (wiki), or
    b. Add-on method using the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the address link in the address bar in a new post here.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the instructions Karellen, here's the new log URL https://paste.kodi.tv/warixahiwa

In case this helps:
Kodi 17.6 on Windows 10 version 1803.
Bump, hoping to get some help with my issue.
Has the content protection been removed?
Looks like a protection issue of some sort "aacs.c:82: AACS\Unit_Key_RO.inf not found. No AACS protection", perhaps a new rip?
I can ask the guy that ripped it about protection.
Regarding protection - just so I understand - is it a problem for Kodi if AACS protection is removed?
Or does AACS protection need to be removed in order to rip a Blu-ray?
To guarantee playback then the AACS protection should be removed as it's possible to make a 1:1 backup with the protection intact, however Kodi can also play AACS protected files if you provide the key file containing the decryption keys (we can't provide it as it could cause legal issues).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BDMV folder - Playback Failed0