v18 rc3 Subtitles playing when not selected
Hi,

This problem has happened with all the beta and release candidates of version 18.0.

Simple description is that with some videos the subtitles are being shown when I start playing, and no subtitle was selected prior, or even shows selected during.

My environment is an iPad running (currently) iOS 12.1.1 (but it happened before with previous versions), using Kodi 18.0 rc3 (currently, but started happening with all the betas, and release candidates), and running inside Kodi the Plex plug in (v 0.1.6).  Kodi is being installed on the iPad by me, converting the .deb file into .ipa .

I haven't investigated if this happens with files that have some characteristic.  But I do know that pausing the video, checking the options (audio, subtitle) shows they are as expected, no subtitles should play.  Also I have seen that if I stop the video (not pause, but stop and restart), select the options, then play, it works as expected.

I know this could be a problem with the Plex plug-in running in this particular version, or in Kodi itself.

Since I did not find any bug (issue like its called in github) report, or any thread in this forum I'm wondering if anybody else has seen this problem.
It's back!

This problem disappeared with the released version 18, but its back with the latest version: 18.1 (of course also iOS has changed to 12.2).

Same problem description, using Plex plug-in, subtitles play when no subtitle is selected, and only when playing the video with the "p" keyboard shortcut, not if using the play button (selected then Enter).

Also very weird subtitle selection, basically it doesn't work, I tried selecting a subtitle to make a change which I could revert to "none", but nothing shows selected, it stays as None all the time.  And it gets weirder, doesn't work in most places (inside the video playing options, at the file options), but sometimes it works in the file options.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
rc3 Subtitles playing when not selected0