Zotac ID82 dead...need assistance in replacement equal or better...(NEW QUESTIONS)
Here is the backstory: (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=322840)

Current story: My father in law loved what I have and wanted the same. "Sure" I said...not remembering how the heck I did it even re-reading the post that got me to success. So a year later and the links to retrace my steps are outdated or dead or both. Frankly I used that post to even remember what the heck I have! My current setup works much like an appliance that boots directly to LibreELEC. Powers on, green android logo, then libreELEC 4 color logo, then Kodi Krypton v 17, then whatever movies, TV, etc that I want. There used to be android user interface when I was first booting but with original post "wrxtasy" listed steps to boot direct to LibreELEC by passing android user interface. At some point I set static IP address on MINIX NEO box and my NAS so I would never have an issue (good thinking right?). Since it is a stand alone system it never matters (my setup 192.168.0.xxx) but my father in law's router won't allow me to change 3rd octet (192.168.1.xxx). And no I can't get different router for him. 

So here are my questions for my personal box:
1) Long story but moved and network IP's changed. I want to change my MINIX NEO box Static IP address to something different (192.168.xxx.xxx). So how to do that in a "direct to boot LibreELEC" system? Is there a special keystroke to get around direct boot for system changes? I am noob so will need pretty specific details.

Questions for my father in law's setup:
1) I also will need to know how to set (and possibly in future) change IP address on father in law's system.
2) In post #11 from original backstory the links "wrxtasy" gave me are old or dead. How would I follow same steps with current (Dec 2018) info?

Hardware I am working with (exact same as original post):
MINIX NEO U9-H (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=308251)
Black NAS box on left (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=109453)

I may have left out important information to help a noob like me. Let me know and I will do my best to find it for you guys. 

Thank you for all help and have safe fun holidays!
(2018-12-23, 20:23)skyking376 Wrote: Here is the backstory: (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=322840)

Current story: My father in law loved what I have and wanted the same. "Sure" I said...not remembering how the heck I did it even re-reading the post that got me to success. So a year later and the links to retrace my steps are outdated or dead or both. Frankly I used that post to even remember what the heck I have! My current setup works much like an appliance that boots directly to LibreELEC. Powers on, green android logo, then libreELEC 4 color logo, then Kodi Krypton v 17, then whatever movies, TV, etc that I want. There used to be android user interface when I was first booting but with original post "wrxtasy" listed steps to boot direct to LibreELEC by passing android user interface. At some point I set static IP address on MINIX NEO box and my NAS so I would never have an issue (good thinking right?). Since it is a stand alone system it never matters (my setup 192.168.0.xxx) but my father in law's router won't allow me to change 3rd octet (192.168.1.xxx). And no I can't get different router for him. 

So here are my questions for my personal box:
1) Long story but moved and network IP's changed. I want to change my MINIX NEO box Static IP address to something different (192.168.xxx.xxx). So how to do that in a "direct to boot LibreELEC" system? Is there a special keystroke to get around direct boot for system changes? I am noob so will need pretty specific details.

You shouldn't need to bypass LibreElec to change from a DHCP dynamic local IP address to a static local IP address. DHCP vs Static IP is handled at OS level - and LibreElec is your OS.

Within Kodi running under LibreElec go to the LibreElec Config program (either via System or via Addd-ons->Program Add ons) and navigate to the Connections menu. You should see your wired or wireless connection that is connected via DHCP there. Click on it and then you will have the option to Edit that connection. You will then be able to edit IPv4 settings (the most common) or IPv6 (less common) from DHCP to manual (Manual = Static)

You may also need to manually set DNS Servers as well.
Quote:Questions for my father in law's setup:
1) I also will need to know how to set (and possibly in future) change IP address on father in law's system.
2) In post #11 from original backstory the links "wrxtasy" gave me are old or dead. How would I follow same steps with current (Dec 2018) info?

Hardware I am working with (exact same as original post):
MINIX NEO U9-H (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=308251)
Black NAS box on left (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=109453)

I may have left out important information to help a noob like me. Let me know and I will do my best to find it for you guys. 

Thank you for all help and have safe fun holidays!

Out of interest - why do you need to fix (or change) your local IP LAN addresses on these boxes? Is it because your DHCP servers don't allocate your boxes the same IP address each time when you want to SSH into them or do you use them as servers for USB attached storage and mount them on other computers via IP addresses?

I personally use DHCP for everything still - as my router allocates the same IP addresses to each device (via MAC address) each time it sees it - but even when I use new devices getting that device to tell me its IP address via System Information (or by using an app like LanScan on my Mac) gets rid of the issue? I haven't yet found a major requirement to fix static IP addresses on consumer kit (I do allocate manual IP addresses outside my DHCP server range for managed network switches)

(I have a slightly complex set-up with VLANs for different networks - which I trunk - so I can keep one local LAN behind a Sophos firewall - with a VPN providing access to it, with another VLAN providing me with 'dirty internet' not firewalled by my Sophos Firewall, which is what I give visitors access too, and what I put stuff I don't really worry about security on, plus I have a third VLAN permanently connected via a VPN connection to an alternate site)
So I did get the MINIX box to change IP address through LibreELEC interface (Kinda had a "duh" moment when you said LibreELEC is the operating system). But for the life of me I couldn't get UNRAID box to be seen! I tried every combination I could think of

Original IP's
192.168.0.200 (MINIX box)
192.168.0.201 (UNRAID NAS box)
192.168.0.1 as default gateway
255.255.255.0 subnet
There is 1 cable between these by the way and it works just fine but zero internet connection (which is what I want to change). Tried 4 different cables all worked with original setup, none worked with new IP's.

I tried 192.168.1.xxx
I tried 192.168.2.xxx
I tried 192.168.86.xxx (I know google wifi but system is not connected to google wifi)
I even tried zero internet (like original above) but with DIFFERENT IP's and it didn't work! Tried 192.168.1.200 and 201. I checked and rechecked that UNRAID box IP address was correct. I tried every possible combination of IP, gateway, subnet on UNRAID and MINIX box and nothing. I was most surprised by this since it is same setup (box to box without internet, routers, etc) just different IP's? I am at a loss why even different IP's in a closed system doesn't work. I assume it was my error on something else but the only thing I remember is long ago when I setup UNRAID box you had to make a notepad file (which I am sure had a specific name but can't remember it) if you wanted static IP address. THAT file is my only guess as it why it works on "original" IP addresses and not any others even though in UNRAID web gui I can change IP's to whatever I want? I don't know?

As for problem #2. The links in order to make the MINIX box boot directly into LibreELEC are outdated or dead links. Not sure where to find them?

I appreciate all the assistance.
(2019-01-03, 00:17)skyking376 Wrote: As for problem #2. The links in order to make the MINIX box boot directly into LibreELEC are outdated or dead links. Not sure where to find them?

I appreciate all the assistance.

Use the LibreELEC.S912.arm.8.2.5.Chroma 422 or 444 files found in THIS folder (click)

AML devices will boot straight into LE so long as the SD card is inserted before powering on the device.
If not simply hold in the U9 boxes power button until the LE logo appears on the TV screen. Smile

I don't know how you guys do it but as I read through these forums I am so LOST when clicking on a spiderweb of links trying to have coherent questions. Sorry it has been months since this thread (life happens). Currently my box takes 3-5 minutes to load from startup to skin, then 3-5 minutes just to select "movies/TV/etc"! I don't know what happened since I didn't try anything before this new issue. It is never connected to the internet and I didn't change any setting? It wasn't overheating.

So I might as well upgrade MY box to latest and greatest in addition to my father in laws. So here are the steps that I believe I must do to start from scratch:
1. Go to this site to download  libreELEC USB creator
--a. ahhhh "generic AMD/Intel/NVIDIA..." I think? (This is for the MINIX NEO U9-H box)
--b default is 'libreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0.1.img.gz,239 MB" ( I don't know if I should change this?)
--c Download file
--d select USB stick or SD card
--e write image to USB or SD card (which deletes anything previously on this USB stick)
2. ahhh....I think I plug fresh USB stick from step #1 above into one of the MINIX NEO U9-H USB ports. I recall there was a specific way to have MINIX box boot directly to LibreELEC instead of android but I don't recall how? Or maybe it is an older version of LIbreELEC then updating USB stick will just work? I have no idea and afraid to do much before I receive instructions to not make a BRICK of minix box.

3. Not sure what to do...

You said "Use the LibreELEC.S912.arm.8.2.5.Chroma 422 or 444 files found in THIS folder (click)". I see all the files but some have more appended to end and not sure which to try.

LibreELEC.S912.arm.8.2.5.Chroma 422.10bit.tar
LibreELEC.S912.arm.8.2.5.Chroma 422.12bit.tar

Pick 10bit or 12bit? And more importantly what to do with this file?

Sorry for such dumb questions...but thank you for assistance.
I think @wrxtasy now suggests using CoreElec builds rather than his older custom S912 builds?
(2019-03-27, 11:06)noggin Wrote: I think @wrxtasy now suggests using CoreElec builds rather than his older custom S912 builds?

Well I am assuming CoreElec is related to LibreElec but I wouldn't have the slightest clue the steps.
(2019-03-27, 18:19)skyking376 Wrote:
(2019-03-27, 11:06)noggin Wrote: I think @wrxtasy now suggests using CoreElec builds rather than his older custom S912 builds?

Well I am assuming CoreElec is related to LibreElec but I wouldn't have the slightest clue the steps.  
All the steps needed you can find here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ID82 dead...need assistance in replacement equal or better...(NEW QUESTIONS)0