Is this normal (profiles and SMB sources)?
My question is in relation to what I would think is a simple, if not common, scenario. I have Kodi 17.6 installed on a Fire TV stick and a Windows machine serving a SMB file share on the same network. Multiple users access this same file share and are served different directories/file as expected due to Windows file permissions and access-based enumeration. So, on Kodi I create multiple profiles with separate sources, separate media info and then password protect each of them and set Kodi to ask for login on startup. I login into one them and add the SMB share and login, checking off the option to remember the credentials for this path. It logs in, I see the files, all good.

I log off this profile and log into another and set up the SMB file share but then when I expect it to ask for credentials it just proceeds with the ones entered in the other (I thought separate) profile. 

Is this normal? I'd like to use different remembered credentials in each profile to access the SMB share, which I would think would be the normal behavior.
When you created your new Profile, did you choose Separate for Media Info and Media Sources, or did you choose to Share them?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I chose separate for both Media Info and Media Sources when creating each new profile, and made sure to "start with fresh settings". I used these instructions as a guide for creating the separate profiles:

removed
The site linked to violates our piracy policy (wiki) so linking to it is not allowed here
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is this normal (profiles and SMB sources)?0