Upgrading for SC3 to SC4
Is there a way to upgrade for SC3 to SC4 without uninstalling SC3 first.
I take it you mean RC3 and 4..? Try the Kodi Android Installer.

Due to Android permission issues, you will have to start the Kodi installation manually and start the APK file via your preferred Android file manager.
(2019-01-04, 01:36)Klojum Wrote: I take it you mean RC3 and 4..? Try the Kodi Android Installer.

Due to Android permission issues, you will have to start the Kodi installation manually and start the APK file via your preferred Android file manager.
What your preferred Android file manager do you suggest. I tried 2 or 3 I already have. It tells me nothing installed. Do I have do something first. I don't have kodi running when I try.
I use X-Plore File Manager. It's an ad-free and not-bloated file manager that you can also use to activate/install APK files with. Just navigate to your default Android download folder location, and click on the Kodi RC APK file, and it should run the Kodi installer.
You may need to enable install from unknown sources in the Android security settings if it isn't already done before you can manually install downloaded apk's.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I can not install v18 RC4 on a Sony AF9 with android tv...neither 32 or 64 bits...I have activated the installation from unkown sources...any idea?

Thanks
Go complain to Sony cause they are blocking us
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336272
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2019-01-04, 13:52)goatl0rd Wrote: I can not install v18 RC4 on a Sony AF9 with android tv
There is a distinct feeling that Sony has implemented some form of blacklist in their Android TV firmware for some/all(?) TV models of 2017/2018, preventing the installation or running of the Kodi application. There are 1-2 threads on this on this forum.

Also see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2795346

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrading for SC3 to SC40