Solved Kodi RC4 GeForce 10xx stutter
(2019-01-15, 23:24)Ulvinn Wrote:
(2019-01-15, 23:00)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-01-15, 22:42)Ulvinn Wrote: x265 files works perfectly with newest driver (417.71)
Could you double-check by running the same video and press 'CTRL-SHIFT-O', and look at the "misses" value? The video is displayed fine here on my GT1030, but the misses counter is going up very fast.
It's the only mystery at the moment. I only have a PC monitor here, I don't have my Nvidia setup connected to a proper TV.

Thanks. 

10 minutes in and not a single drop or skip, playback is flawless. 
I have also tested quite many tricky files already, no dropping/skipping at all.
(2019-01-15, 23:05)afedchin Wrote: Seems you have Sync playback to display enabled. Disable it.
It does also remove that process info at the top. That's one way to solve it. Although I normally have a no issues with the "Sync playback to display" in LibreELEC/Ubuntu.

Also, I do need to turn off the allowdiscretedecoder tag with the last testbuild. Otherwise, it's a discoloring mayhem with lots of green.

Some things have changed though with the last testbuild...
All 4K videos are fine, but the 8K videos (HEVC and VP9) now suffer from massive hiccups although HW acceleration is active. Eek
RC5.2 does a better job for 8K.

I hope you get your Nv card soon.
(2019-01-15, 23:52)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-01-15, 23:05)afedchin Wrote: Seems you have Sync playback to display enabled. Disable it.
It does also remove that process info at the top. That's one way to solve it. Although I normally have a no issues with the "Sync playback to display" in LibreELEC/Ubuntu.

Also, I do need to turn off the allowdiscretedecoder tag with the last testbuild. Otherwise, it's a discoloring mayhem with lots of green.

Some things have changed though with the last testbuild...
All 4K videos are fine, but the 8K videos (HEVC and VP9) now suffer from massive hiccups although HW acceleration is active. Eek
RC5.2 does a better job for 8K.

I hope you get your Nv card soon. 
In my case, also 8K HEVC-files play flawlessly.
(2019-01-16, 00:44)goodton Wrote: In my case, also 8K HEVC-files play flawlessly.
Then I guess I messed up my Kodi setup somehow.
so can somebody summarize what the fix for this issue was. i'm interested in trying it as well
(2019-01-18, 01:13)Desisuperman Wrote: so can somebody summarize what the fix for this issue was. i'm interested in trying it as well
 Install the latest nightly build and make sure your nvidia drivers are updated
@Ulvinn  Have you tested those latest nightlies and verified, that this is really implemented to master-branch? According to recent commits, seems that this is not yet there... If @Desisuperman has same issue, I would propose to try the test build, which @afedchin build for us as it is still available for download.
master-branch has the fix which hides the root of the issue. The test build includes proper fix, but because proper fix isn't simple and requires more testing on various HW, it will be included into 18.1 or later.
(2019-01-18, 15:02)afedchin Wrote: master-branch has the fix which hides the root of the issue. The test build includes proper fix, but because proper fix isn't simple and requires more testing on various HW, it will be included into 18.1 or later.
 Does this mean that current mast v18 (and final v18) will have the issue fixed but in an not so nice way like 18.1 will have?
In other words, can i use current nightly and issue should be gone?

thx
pOpY
(2019-01-18, 17:17)popy Wrote:
(2019-01-18, 15:02)afedchin Wrote: master-branch has the fix which hides the root of the issue. The test build includes proper fix, but because proper fix isn't simple and requires more testing on various HW, it will be included into 18.1 or later.
 Does this mean that current mast v18 (and final v18) will have the issue fixed but in an not so nice way like 18.1 will have?
In other words, can i use current nightly and issue should be gone?

thx
pOpY

I haven't tested 4K or 8K, but 1080p x264 and x265 movies are silky smooth with latest nightly build. For some reason, perhaps not related to this issue at all, a few frames are dropped almost immediately after starting playback, but there are no further drops during playback
 Sounds like a plan. I´m still astonished, how well this test build works in tackling this specific issue. Plays effortlessly for example files, which Kodi 17.6 struggles. Those are typically high bitrate scenes in 4K/HEVC 10 -encoded movies. Maybe the 64-bit code also helps here.

@afedchin Was it so, that this was DXVA2-only related issue especially with NVidia GTX 10xx -cards or was there a bigger architectural problem behind?
(2019-01-18, 17:31)goodton Wrote: @afedchin Was it so, that this was DXVA2-only related issue especially with NVidia GTX 10xx -cards or was there a bigger architectural problem behind?

second one
I can confirm that the issue is solved (v18 nightly) and playback buttery smotth on my TI 1030 on two HTPCS with the following settings:
  • DXVA2 enabled
  • sync to display disabled
  • refresh rate change enabled
thx a lot for fixing this.
So finally the following issues are also fixed:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=330599
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337220

pOpY
@afedchin Thank you for resolving the issue. I can confirm that it works in current nightly.
Gazooks

Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi RC4 GeForce 10xx stutter0