Kodi box not streaming.
Hey guys, I need some help.. I bought a kodi box to watch free movies on line. My understanding is this is legal. Downloading videos is illegal but watching them on line is legal right? 
Anyway my kodi box has stopped streaming any movies so I can no longer watch them, which makes my kodi box about as useful to me as a brick. 

Some one said there has been a clamp down on watching movies online and that is why my tvbox with Kodi on it has stopped working.  So if one is not allowed to watch movies online what is the point of anyone ever buying these kodi boxes?  Do I just bin it? Or is there are resolve for this? OR is there some use for kodi box other than watching movies that I should know about. 

Im bascially trying to figure out what this whole Kodi thing is about? Is it illegal now? Or is it still legal to watch movies on my kodi box? Can I still access movies now or is it a big no no?  What gives, can anyone explain to me the answer too all these unanswered questions I have? 

cheers for any help and advice in advance..
@friendly_prawn

The most important point I can make is that these Kodi boxes are NOT created, supplied, sold or supported by Kodi in any way. They are sold by "back of a van" salesman, with cheap hardware.

What you do with your hardware is up to you, but this forum does not support Piracy or Copyright Infringement in any way. Basically this means if you have one of these "streaming boxes" we cannot help you.

But you are touching on the problem. These online streams are piracy streams, and the movie companies work hard to shut them down, and that is probably why you cannot watch them anymore. So your first course of action is to contact the place where you purchased it from and ask for your money back.

(2019-01-05, 04:52)friendly_prawn Wrote: Im bascially trying to figure out what this whole Kodi thing is about
Kodi is just a bit of software. It is designed as a one stop home entertainment system for your media collection. If you have some local files, scrape them into the Kodi library and watch them. Add a tuner card and stream live tv through Kodi, add your music collection and it is infinitely better than iTunes and others. Add your home movies, photo collection, radio, play games, create playlists, movie sets, etc. All this can be done legally without resorting to stealing movies off the internet.

Quick_start_guide (wiki)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi box not streaming.0