Nvidia Shield update corrupted Kodi?
Team 
Recently updated my Nvidia Shield to 7.2.2 ...source for TV/Movies is on my NAS 

Kodi (17.6) now appears to have "lost" information from its database (which is also on the Shield).

My TV shows has lost entire seasons (even though they still exist on the NAS), episodes are missing and on top of this all my watched/unwatched imformation has gone (everything is unwatched) 
Running an update from Kodi does nothing to change this 

I assume that somehow the Kodi database has been corrupted?

Anyone know how to remedy this?

Cheers
Sprogger
(2019-01-14, 04:04)sprogger Wrote: Recently updated my Nvidia Shield to 7.2.2 ...source for TV/Movies is on my NAS 
As far as I know, v7.2.2 added SMBv3 support. Nothing else in that regard should have changed.

(2019-01-14, 04:04)sprogger Wrote: My TV shows has lost entire seasons (even though they still exist on the NAS), episodes are missing and on top of this all my watched/unwatched imformation has gone (everything is unwatched) 
I sometimes ask people: "What if your computer stops working right now. Then what?"
It's basically simple, just be prepared for anything, and make the occasional backup of your important data. It's not a case of "if" it will happen, but "when" it will happen.

(2019-01-14, 04:04)sprogger Wrote: I assume that somehow the Kodi database has been corrupted?
Database corruption is always possible. You can only verify that by using an SQLite database client/tool, and search in its contents. You will need some SQL knowledge for that.
Thanks Klojum
As you say not "if" but "when" ... I did not realise that you can backup the Kodi DB... will have to look into that once I get back to normal again.

Not SQL literate so will not go down that path  ..

Would the recommendation be to delete the old database and rebuild from scratch?

Cheers
Sprogger
I have no idea what happened on your Shield TV during the 7.2.2 update. AFAIK, Kodi was not running on my Shield TV when the upgrade began. Perhaps that is a clue.

Kodi has no SQL database error fixing functionality, so any hint of a corruption would be a sign to simply start over scraping your media collection.
Mind you, a Video Library Export is also basically a type of backup, and also includes the watch status and resune points.

Kodi uses SQLite database files, so you could simply copy those as files to a secure location.
Hi Klojum
I think you are correct ..  Kodi is normally running on my Shield so I suspect it got broken when Android installed its update ... will have to remember to shut Kodi down when I next update.

I can find a file called MyVideos107.db in Android-data-org.xbmc.kodi-files-kodi-userdata-Database. (there is a separate file called Music60.db.. I assume this is my Music library)

Is this the database and if so do I just delete it and run an update from Kodi?

Cheers
Sprogger
It's up to you to delete one or both databases. You'll need to re-enter your sources because those are also stored in the databases. Set the content and rescrape your videos (and music). Afterwards, as far as possible set all your watched flags manually, exit Kodi and make a copy of the database file(s).

Copying the whole kodi profile folder as a backup would also be a good idea.
Thanks Klojum
Deleted the Video DB .. added both my Movies and TV Shows directories ,, re scanned and we are back up and running..

Now to figure out how to backup my stuff so I can hopefully avoid this in the future 

Cheers
Sprogger
Import-export library (wiki)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-01-14, 08:24)Karellen Wrote: Import-export library (wiki)
Team
Apologies for resurrecting this old thread...

I am now running Kodi 18.3 and last night when I tried to play a video I got the message "cannot start this video while library is updating"...

I rebooted the Nvidia Shield and now when I look in my TV shows library .. I can see the actual TV Shows and their seasons but when I click on a Season folder I get no episodes (just two dots) ..

I think I have managed to corrupt the database...

I was going to repeat the steps I followed last time 

Am I correct in assuming that the database (TV/Movie) under Kodi 18.3 is now called  MyVideos116.db?

Many thanks
Sprogger
(2019-07-03, 08:56)sprogger Wrote: Apologies for resurrecting this old thread...
It's your thread, and the problem is still there, so resurrecting is fine.

(2019-07-03, 08:56)sprogger Wrote: I am now running Kodi 18.3 and last night when I tried to play a video I got the message "cannot start this video while library is updating"..
It's best not to annoy Kodi with too many things at the same time. Especially when solving a problem.

(2019-07-03, 08:56)sprogger Wrote: I rebooted the Nvidia Shield and now when I look in my TV shows library .. I can see the actual TV Shows and their seasons but when I click on a Season folder I get no episodes (just two dots) ..
I think I have managed to corrupt the database...
Once a database is corrupt, it's no use continuing because the outcome will become more and more unpredictable. Deleting the video database file and start over is the recommended action. Once you do have a properly working video database, I suggest you do a Video Library Export (using separate files), so that you have a backup of your metadata and watched statuses. In case you have another mishap, rescraping your video collection will go a lot quicker than when everything is to be newly downloaded.

(2019-07-03, 08:56)sprogger Wrote: Am I correct in assuming that the database (TV/Movie) under Kodi 18.3 is now called  MyVideos116.db?
That is indeed the current video database version.

Should things go bad again, then you either have bad spots on the NVshield's internal drive, or you may have some 3rd party add-ons installed that are messing up Kodi's core functionality.
Thanks Klojum
So I renamed the MyVideos116.db to OldVidDB ... restarted the Shield, fired up Kodi 

It starts, appears to SMB link to my NAS, and then nothing... my main menu in Kodi no longer has TV Shows or Movie icons ..

Is there a way to force Kodi to read the whole library?

Cheers
Sprogger
(2019-07-03, 09:26)sprogger Wrote: It starts, appears to SMB link to my NAS, and then nothing... my main menu in Kodi no longer has TV Shows or Movie icons ..
With a new video database file, that is quite expected, don't you think?

(2019-07-03, 09:26)sprogger Wrote: Is there a way to force Kodi to read the whole library?
You will need to re-add the source(s) to your video collection, as those need to be stored in the database.
Then you have to scrape your video collection into the database.
Just like you once did the first time when running Kodi.
I hope you made use of my previous link... https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks again Klojum
The unfortunate thing (or fortunate) is that the Shield and Kodi have been running without issues for a while ...
So when this sort of issue happens I have to remember how I initially set it up ...

Will investigate re-adding source to the video options and see how I go 

Cheers
Sprogger

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield update corrupted Kodi?0