Nvidia Control Panel Settings
I recently upgraded my old AMD 5450 graphics card to the well reviewed Gigabyte GeForce GT-1030.

I’ve been trying to set up the correct video settings for some time now, but after much googling and post reading I’ve lost my way.

Can someone who has this card or similar confirm the settings to avoid crushed or greyed out blacks?

Here is my setup.

Kodi full
PC full
Panasonic 4K tv limited
In Nvidia cp video player selected to display colours

The result is that video blacks look good, but Kodi interface is crushed.

Once I know how it should be can configured I can then see if it’s any other cause.
Which Kodi version are you using?
(2019-01-16, 11:14)captainfearless Wrote: I recently upgraded my old AMD 5450 graphics card to the well reviewed Gigabyte GeForce GT-1030.

I’ve been trying to set up the correct video settings for some time now, but after much googling and post reading I’ve lost my way.

Can someone who has this card or similar confirm the settings to avoid crushed or greyed out blacks?

Here is my setup.

Kodi full
PC full
Panasonic 4K tv limited
In Nvidia cp video player selected to display colours

The result is that video blacks look good, but Kodi interface is crushed.

Once I know how it should be can configured I can then see if it’s any other cause.
Set the TV to Full. Then you have a complete and correct chain of Full -> Full -> Full.
Krypton 17.6
Thanks for that, in Nvidia Control Panel should I set nvidia or Kodi to control colours?
So this morning i downloaded the latest (January) Nvidia driver.

I sent set it up as full full full, both with Kodi controlling video colours and Nvidia.

In each case video blacks were grey and washed out.

So i've returned to full full limited which is at least usable.

However i'd like to have Kodi looking correct, any ideas what's going on here?
(2019-01-17, 10:20)captainfearless Wrote: So this morning i downloaded the latest (January) Nvidia driver.

I sent set it up as full full full, both with Kodi controlling video colours and Nvidia.

In each case video blacks were grey and washed out.

So i've returned to full full limited which is at least usable.

However i'd like to have Kodi looking correct, any ideas what's going on here?
I'm having similar problems to you with my integrated Intel HD Graphics 2000 (very old).
Like you, I am intending to buy a GT 1030 (2GB).

After reading this Kodi article Video_levels_and_color_space (wiki) , and several other articles, and downloading some display patterns (grayscale, etc.) from here https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-displ...ation.html (NB download the MP4 version), I decided to try to calibrate my setup today.
Note that the first Kodi article recommends Full-Full-Full or, as a "next best", use Limited-Full-Limited. Those formats as Kodi-GPU-Display.

I had previously calibrated my display (projector) using a calibration DVD in my DVD player. So I assumed the projector was fairly correct, so I concentrated on my crappy old GPU.
After achieving the best looking gray scale, and the best looking Gamma graph (part of the Graphics Properties software), I started up a movie on the htpc.
Boy, was I disappointed!!!! Sad

The image was washed out and flat.
Far worse than before I started fiddling.
So like you, I am more frustrated than ever.

As I see it, image calibration can be carried out :-
1. In Kodi.
2. In the GPU (which in my case has different settings for Drivers, Display, Media).
3. Maybe in the receiver (haven't checked that out yet).
4. In the display (projector, in my case).

We need some brilliant person to guide us through all this stuff.

Cheers
Solved, suddenly last night full full full started working!

Possibly a delayed alignment with the new driver.
That's great captainfearless.  Wink

I pick up my GT1030 card on Monday.
In the meantime I'm trying to understand how to adjust everything (gamma, gain, offset, etc., etc.,).
How did you go about organising all the adjustments in the various pieces of equipment/software?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Control Panel Settings0