v18 Kodi 18 UI Hang
Hello:

Please excuse me for cross-posting - but I'm not getting any significant responses on my other thread, and I think this might be PVR-related:

I'm getting UI hangs on my Mac OS X 10.12.6 / Kodi 18 (RC2, RC4, RC5) / MythTV installation - Kodi intermittently hangs either whilst I'm not interacting with it (and it's not playing a video), or it hangs whilst I'm navigating the UI. My MythTV backend is running on the same machine, and continues running as expected - and entries continue to be written to Kodi's log file whilst the UI has hung.

My other thread is here - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=338835 - but here's a quote of my most-recent post:
Quote:Hello:

I hope this is useful to someone - it's just happened again...

This time I was navigating to choose Exit Kodi - and the UI hung at 18:49.

I've trimmed the debug log and uploaded it to here: https://pastebin.com/7YCKBgHr

Looks like there might be something PVR related going on - it's only the PVR client which posts to the log after exit appears to have been otherwise processed (at 18:49:56.942).

Is anyone else getting UI hangs on their Kodi 18 / MythTV setup?

Thanks!
(2019-01-16, 23:45)Moisie Wrote: Please excuse me for cross-posting - but I'm not getting any significant responses on my other thread
So basically answers are not coming fast enough..? Rolleyes

(2019-01-16, 23:45)Moisie Wrote: and I think this might be PVR-related:
Next time, simply ask (and wait) for a moderator for the thread to be moved to the appropriate section.
(2019-01-17, 00:11)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-01-16, 23:45)Moisie Wrote: Please excuse me for cross-posting - but I'm not getting any significant responses on my other thread
So basically answers are not coming fast enough..? Rolleyes  
Hello!

Sorry - I'm not wanting to appear ungrateful for the contributions that people make, both in developing Kodi and in helping out in the forum - especially in taking the time to help me format my posts and setup my system to best allow others to assist.

...But considering I had started the thread over two weeks before, had provided six debug log uploads (with explanations as to how and when they happened) and received zero responses which helped me understand what was going on, I was starting to look at other paths forward. I didn't want my thread (which is causing issues with the WAF) to get buried and lost...

(2019-01-17, 00:11)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-01-16, 23:45)Moisie Wrote: and I think this might be PVR-related:
Next time, simply ask (and wait) for a moderator for the thread to be moved to the appropriate section.  
Sorry - mea culpa!

So - here's my current thinking:
  • Considering the forum doesn't seem to be full of others reporting the same issue (and generally people report how stable Kodi 18 is for them), I'm thinking this might be specific to my system;
  • I've used Kodi for a number of years on a number of systems, and have brought my userdata folder along for the ride with me all the way along - it's possible that some corruption has crept into the system;
  • If the MythTV add-on is the source of my problems, then perhaps resetting its data is the first step. I see in https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=335019 that deleting userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv would be appropriate here; am I right in thinking this has a minimal effect on stored data (considering it all gets pulled from the MythTV backend), and that I would basically just need to re-connect the MythTV add-on to the backend again?

Any consideration gratefully received! Thanks.
Regarding your log file, it seems pvr addon worked as expected. All reported debug messages agree with the normal activity and they show the backend feedback about its jobs: current recordings and files growing etc. So your issue seems to be other.
About Kodi on OSX platform, I already noticed myself some UI hangs on enlarging a minimzed Kodi window, or after wakeup the display, but nothing related with the addon.
Hi Janbar:

Many thanks for your insight and expertise on this - much appreciated.

I'll continue to dig into it elsewhere!
Hi:

I’m still getting UI hangs in Kodi - and, with respect, I’m still wondering if it’s PVR related. I’m now running Kodi 18.1 RC1 - with the same outcome.

Here are some log extracts - some of the logs are extraordinarily large, so I can’t productively post entire logs (unless you specifically want them!): https://pastebin.com/mQ9F1zRw

Definitely still not PVR related?! To be clear: only Kodi is hanging here - MythTV Backend (which runs on the same machine) keeps going, seemingly without issue.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 UI Hang0