All timers disappeared
In the meantime, if you temporarily delete that recurring recording, does it load again?
It isn't even showing as an upcoming recording under Kodi's Timers list, and the Timer Rules page just shows "Add timer..." and has done since it all went weird.

While recordings of pre-existing timers worked ok until sometime on Sunday, even those are not now happening despite being displayed in the Timers list. I think I can still record by setting a manual one-time entry but will have to check.
(2019-01-23, 19:28)sitush Wrote: It isn't even showing as an upcoming recording under Kodi's Timers list, and the Timer Rules page just shows "Add timer..." and has done since it all went weird.

While recordings of pre-existing timers worked ok until sometime on Sunday, even those are not now happening despite being displayed in the Timers list. I think I can still record by setting a manual one-time entry but will have to check.
 You'd have to delete it in NextPVR (if you can)

Martin
OK. I go to NPVR Recordings menu then when I cycle through to Pending Recordings and try then to move to Recurring Recordings I get a warning about the invalid character - "Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. [squiggle] hexadecimal character 0x19 is an invalid character. Line 2, position 29".

Clicked Continue and that got me to the Recurring Recordings list. No sign of the America's program in that list.
I don't suppose there is any way to edit the database manually?
(2019-01-23, 20:04)sitush Wrote: I don't suppose there is any way to edit the database manually?
 Yes with sqlite or a sqlite editor you have six you have to remove though.  If you can't find one I can edit that file you sent and send it back to you.

That character is till in the EPG database so don't try and re add it, I am surprised that you can even get an EPG list for that channel.

Martin
Is that a big chore for you? Don't bother if it is but I'd have to source the editor, install the thing, work out what needs to be removed or otherwise changed. Then I'd probably find I've messed it up and have to start over with the copy of the db3 that, obviously, I made before making edits!
(2019-01-23, 20:24)sitush Wrote: Is that a big chore for you? Don't bother if it is but I'd have to source the editor, install the thing, work out what needs to be removed or otherwise changed. Then I'd probably find I've messed it up and have to start over with the copy of the db3 that, obviously, I made before making edits!
 Here you go https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar-w3NVk_f-Mjwy3tdptkIc0klYZ piece of cake.

Martin
Forget that - doing it myself using an Ubuntu sqlite editor. Will report back in 10 minutes.

Worked. No error in the NPVR Recurring Recordings and the Kodi Timer Rules list now populates. I've got a recurring timer set for sometime in the next 2 or 3 hours, so I will hopefully see that working instead of the bunch of recent failed recordings.
We crossed posted, Martin, but many thanks anyway. I have taken note of what you said about not trying to instance that program again - it wasn't particularly special anyway, so no real loss. I'd still like to know why the EPG data people got a weird character in there because I'm sure I've had recurring rules in the past for programs with apostrophes etc in their titles.
Four recurring recordings since fixing the database. At least three of them failed, whereas I've not had failures for months prior to the recent issue. Wondering whether I should revert the dll patch.
(2019-01-24, 08:10)sitush Wrote: Four recurring recordings since fixing the database. At least three of them failed, whereas I've not had failures for months prior to the recent issue. Wondering whether I should revert the dll patch.
Follow up NextPVR problems on the NextPVR forum (with logs of course)

Martin
Doing, and have linked to this thread for background.
I have kodi 18 rc4 18 rc5 and 17.6 on different machines

all timers are missing on both rc4 and rc5, I can still set recording on both rc4 and rc5, whether 1 off record or series linked,  they just don't show up 

17.6 everything is fine, all timers show up
(2019-01-25, 14:44)framedtoo Wrote: I have kodi 18 rc4 18 rc5 and 17.6 on different machines

all timers are missing on both rc4 and rc5, I can still set recording on both rc4 and rc5, whether 1 off record or series linked,  they just don't show up 

17.6 everything is fine, all timers show up
Sorry without Kodi debug logs and NextPVR logs this post is rather pointless

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
All timers disappeared0