All timers disappeared
Hi all,

Before I spend too much time, I thought I would check in with a really weird problem.

I have quite a few timers scheduled, mainly 'every time on this channel' types, and when I go to 'timers' it is blank - nothing at all. If I check in NextPVR, all of the timers are still scheduled, and new stuff is recording. It just isn't showing in Kodi (3.3.11 version of plugin on 18RC5).

'Timer Rules' shows all of the schedules, but no 'instances' of each scheduled.

I noticed this on my NextPVR server, and rebooted to check. It went straight into a cycles of Windows updates. Surely if this is the problem, I can't be the only one.

I have several network clients, as well as the server. No timers are showing in Kodi on any of them.

Anyone else? Any ideas how to debug?

Best wishes,

Mark
I've seen some times where the Kodi TV databases get out of sync or just downright bad.  If you go to Settings > PVR & Live TV there is an option on the first page called CLEAR DATA (as long as the settings are set to something other than BASIC).  If you select that it will clear the channel and EPG database (and I think the cache of timers) and reload everything.  See if that helps.  Otherwise we'll probably need a debug log to see what's going on.
Thanks for the suggestion. I already tried this, and it didn't work. The fact that I see the problem on the server and two clients would indicate a problem with the server.

I am guessing the Windows 10 1809 update is to blame!

Edit: It seems that Windows 10 1809 isn't installed on the server, YET. Not sure what updates were being installed yesterday, as the Windows update log is not showing anything since 10th Jan, but something was going on! I figure if it is related to a Windows update, other people will start seeing the same.
If you can supply your npvr.db3 file, I'll check if it's loading here, and if not why.
Hello Mark,
We have had the same issue using NextPVR v3.3.1.2, running Windows 7 and our last Windows Update was January 9th (.net update). Running Kodi 18.0 RC3.

We were still receiving "Recording Scheduled" notifications until I was setting a series record at which point the same symptoms as you describe above occurred. NextPVR was setting scheduled recordings but Kodi not receiving revertives and all timer and timer rules empty (new recordings being generated by NextPVR were still showing in the TV > Recordings menu option). Reboot did not help, clearing PVR data, clearing the Kodi userdata folder and a fresh install of Kodi 18. AUTO-UPDATE WAS ENABLED ON ADD-ONS.

Rolled back to 17.6 and NextPVR v2.4.1.3 and all has started working again. There was no reboot before installing the new version.
Hope this helps
Kind regards
Hello Mark
On further investigation, the same recording I tried to set with NextPVR v3.3.1.2 then subsequently failed in the 17.6 version with NextPVR v2.4.1.3. In this stable version, all the timers remained and the backend connection was not lost, however NextPVR failed due to an "invalid file path" which looks like it took exception to the apostrophe in "American History's biggest fibs with Lucy Worsley" on BBC Four in the UK. The same recording started and stopped no problem when a manual recording was set removing said apostrophe.

Perhaps the earlier version was able to maintain its connection with this whilst the newer RC tripped up? Maybe not but this was the set of symptoms we had here.
Kind regards
So, I see issues in the kodi.txt log with 3.3.12.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2tbqwslcvyvyl71/kodi.log?dl=0
Debug logs at http://ix.io/1yFi
Same thing has happened here to me and it also seemed to coincide with the America's Biggest Fibs timer being set up earlier this week. My server is still on Windows 1803; the Fibs program did not record, although others did.
I spent a load of time yesterday trying to debug.

I deleted the database, rescanned tuners, set a few schedules. Very strange, but I set them correctly but in Kodi they showed up as a different program on a different channel. But they did show up in Kodi!

Deleted them, and reset them, and it looked fine. Then set a few more. All looked good. Set a couple more, messed one up so I deleted it.

Boom! All gone again.

So, it can't be the database being corrupted, unless there is something on my system that causes this to happen repeatedly.

Sorry to say, but I can't spend more time trying to fix this at the moment. I have switched back to MediaPortal for the time being.
My theory is that there is some character or similar that is breaking the xml encoding used for shipping recording lists to kodi. If you can supply your npvr.db3 file, I'll can try it here in the debugger, to confirm recording list is sent, and what might be invalid about it.
(2019-01-20, 18:00)sub3 Wrote: My theory is that there is some character or similar that is breaking the xml encoding used for shipping recording lists to kodi. If you can supply your npvr.db3 file, I'll can try it here in the debugger, to confirm recording list is sent, and what might be invalid about it.
 Try this file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmxc7szmu6t5yxx/npvr.db3?dl=0

Please let me know when you have it, so that I can move it.
A PM to sub3 might be better if you prefer not to make that link public
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-01-20, 22:08)Karellen Wrote: A PM to sub3 might be better if you prefer not to make that link public
 Thanks for the suggestion, but it's okay for now.
(2019-01-20, 22:08)Karellen Wrote: A PM to sub3 might be better if you prefer not to make that link public
Yeah, a PM would probably have been better. In general, there is usually nothing in these database files that anyone would need to worry about share - unless they're using IPTV channels, since it'd have their account credentials. In this case it was DVB-T, so just a bunch of frequencies and guide listings etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
All timers disappeared0