v17 Cant view kodi on smart TV after upgrade
Windows 7 SP1
Kodi V17.6
LG Smart TV

My set up is currently simple, to allow me to view videos on my smart TV, when the videos are stored on my Windows desktop hard disk. I can then control the playback via the TV.  The setup uses two network cables and is connected:
TV - Router - Desktop

With the previous version of Kodi, I could see, on the TV inputs, the desktop PC, and Kodi. This version only shows Desktop PC - there is no logo for Kodi. 
Clicking on the Desktop PC icon on the TV, I can play some formats of video but not all, and all the videos are mixed in together.

With the previous version of Kodi, all videos could be played, and were nicely organised.

I can still play videos on the desktop PC.

Do I have to do anything with Kodi to make it "visible" to the TV?  Is there something that I set up on the previous version that I have forgotten about.
Do you have Kodi plugged directly into the TV via HDMI cable?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sounds like you have not enabled the UPNP Server (Settings -> Services -> UPNP).
Enable the Expert Mode for just more visible Options and enable all.
No, network cable via the router
TV - Router - PC
(2019-01-19, 00:01)Karellen Wrote: Do you have Kodi plugged directly into the TV via HDMI cable?
 My last post wasn't clear, I was responding to this.

No, it is connected via network cable

TV - Router - PC

TV - Router is OK. Netflix works.
TV - Router - PC seems to be very slow to connect, but I can see the icon for the computer on the TV
(2019-01-19, 04:30)skybird1980 Wrote: Sounds like you have not enabled the UPNP Server (Settings -> Services -> UPNP).
Enable the Expert Mode for just more visible Options and enable all.
 Just trying that.  All settings were no.
Share my libraries - yes
Anoounce library updates - yes
look for external subtitles - no
look for report UPnP players - yes
Allow reomote control via UPnP - yes

TV on, PC icon has appeared under "input list", but no sign of Kodi, which should appear as another icon
just wait up to 300 seconds.
Waited for two hours, but it never appeared. (:-<

During this time, Netflix was on (so the cable was working) - and the PC icon was available. But no Kodi icon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant view kodi on smart TV after upgrade0