Req auto load different types of subs depending on the main language
Hi, I prefer to watch everything in its native language. And when it's not English I need subs.

However: Currently, it's not possible to use different types of subs. Right now it's an "either...or" setting.

For example: I can either set subs to default OR to forced. But this isn't really useful.

Instead it should be...

1) for English-speaking content: subtitles set to forced English  
2) for foreign-language content: subtitles set to default English 

Example:

1) Narcos: (US TV Show): English AND Spanish. Only the Spanish should be subbed. This is the case with (English) forced subs.
2) Ingobernable (Mexican TV Show): mostly Spanish with bits of English. Only Spanish language should be subbed. This is the case with (English) default subs.
This usage is a pretty common scenario, but I don't think it's possible right now in Kodi, right ?
Kodi has no artificial intelligence add-on (yet...) when it comes to recognizing spoken or written languages.
So you will either have to find these dedicated & specific subtitle files somewhere online, or you'll have to go edit them yourself with a subtitle editor.
what about using Tags, Flags, Title of the shows, etc. to recognize the main language?

btw: THESE SUTITLES ARE PROVIDED. 

Just go and look at the Netflix add-on, for example.
There is an option in Kodi called "Preferred subtitle language", but that is only at the start of a video. Nothing will change during a video.
you didn't understand what I'm after.

Necessary subtitles are already provided. THERE IS NO NEED TO CHANGE THE SUBS DURING PLAY. 

There is just currently no way to automatically load the correct subs at the start of a video in Kodi.

That's my point.
Moved thread to Feature Requests
I'm not really happy that my thread has been moved to this section.

I fear it's going to be ignored here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
auto load different types of subs depending on the main language0