cant connect to windows 10 through smb
hi i have enabled smb in windows, and created a shared folder on a drive to save movies to so i can access them from my shield tv through kodi. i have tried every method i can find and cannot get it to connect. 

i tried through file manager. when i browse smb through "smb://" and "windows network (smb) both are blank. i tried manually adding a network location using smb://<pc name>/<shared folder name> and also using my pc's ip instead of name and no luck. it will get as far as asking me my username and password and i use my admin user name for my pc and my windows password for my pc and then it just kicks me back and does not work. i have gotten the time out error also but as i said i enabled smb and restarted my pc and have since checked to make sure it stays enabled. still no luck. 

im not extremely good with network stuff but i understand it well enough and i cant get this figured out. 

oh i have also enabled sharing for "everyone" in the shared folder

any help will be very appreciated
As by default now you won't be using SMB1 (MS disabled it due to security issues - search for Wannacry for details), browsing won't work as SMB2/3 don't support that.

For the username issue, one simple solution is to create a new local user on your PC which has access rights to the folder you're trying to share. Then use the username and password as the log-in credentials.

Using a MS account can cause problems as it can be a bit tricky to actually get the correct username to use, as it sometimes isn't what it appears to be.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cant connect to windows 10 through smb0