• 17(current)
Arctic: Zephyr 2
(2019-02-19, 13:12)Crustybeaver Wrote:
(2019-02-18, 13:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Crustybeaver - You can already see the discart in the artwork section of the info dialog. You can see how the info dialog works in this video:

I was hoping for something more along the lines of this, not sure I like the idea of swiping for additional artwork and a page specifically for just the CD art

This without the movie path will look great. I hope you put the cdart option like in previous A:Z
(2019-02-19, 13:32)LFLR Wrote:
(2019-02-19, 13:12)Crustybeaver Wrote:
(2019-02-18, 13:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Crustybeaver - You can already see the discart in the artwork section of the info dialog. You can see how the info dialog works in this video:

I was hoping for something more along the lines of this, not sure I like the idea of swiping for additional artwork and a page specifically for just the CD art

This without the movie path will look great. I hope you put the cdart option like in previous A:Z  
 That's the issue though (well apart from the fact it looks awful imo, but hey maybe it's just _that_ disc that looks shit and others are better) that you don't know how long some of those strings will be. Genres/Writers can often be a long string and unless you really restrict what the length of that can be it's going to run right into the area for the disc art.
Great skin jurialmunkey 
Why don't you put your current version on Github, so we can report about the bugs. It'll be easier.
(2019-02-19, 12:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: PVR Guide
Looking flawless. One question that is already "bugging" me in Aura a bit: Will you display channel name even if a picon is set? Because as we were recently talking about redundancy, I could really use that extra space since I know which channel it is if the picons are set. Thanks in advance
(2019-02-19, 18:08)AaronS Wrote: Great skin jurialmunkey 
Why don't you put your current version on Github, so we can report about the bugs. It'll be easier.
He's adding the basic functions and fixing known bugs before it's released on Github  Smile
Please give him time, it will be ready for the public when he feels it's the right time.
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
(2019-02-19, 20:26)Blurayx Wrote: He's adding the basic functions and fixing known bugs before it's released on Github  Smile
Please give him time, it will be ready for the public when he feels it's the right time.
Hopefully we'll get a skin until the end of March.
I guess that's one of the best looking and well-designed non-official skins.
(2019-02-19, 20:35)AaronS Wrote:
(2019-02-19, 20:26)Blurayx Wrote: He's adding the basic functions and fixing known bugs before it's released on Github  Smile
Hopefully we'll get a skin until the end of March.
I guess that's one of the best looking and well-designed non-official skins. 
Definitely one of the best Well-designed non-official skins. When it comes to skin design, jurialmunkey is a genius  Smile
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
(2019-02-19, 18:08)AaronS Wrote: Great skin jurialmunkey 

Easier for whom? Certainly not for me. Half the skin is currently broken or not working how I want it to work. Why would I want people reporting bugs on things that I already know are broken or are likely to change anyway? Why would I want to deal with questions about why feature xyz doesn't work when the answer is "because the skin is not finished"?

I know you are excited to try the skin, but please don't pretend that releasing it before it's finished is somehow for my benefit. This ain't my first rodeo...
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2019-02-19, 18:21)iophobia Wrote:
(2019-02-19, 12:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: PVR Guide
Looking flawless. One question that is already "bugging" me in Aura a bit: Will you display channel name even if a picon is set? Because as we were recently talking about redundancy, I could really use that extra space since I know which channel it is if the picons are set. Thanks in advance

I was actually thinking about this yesterday and I definitely want to have an option.
One question - would you need the channel number with the icon or would the icon by itself be enough?
(2019-02-19, 15:26)Weavus Wrote: That's the issue though (well apart from the fact it looks awful imo, but hey maybe it's just _that_ disc that looks shit and others are better) that you don't know how long some of those strings will be. Genres/Writers can often be a long string and unless you really restrict what the length of that can be it's going to run right into the area for the disc art.

Yep, that's one of my big concerns. Plus, I never really liked having the disc art on the AZ info page because it rarely ever looks as good as the coverart (or even matches). Also, it's just nice to give all the elements on the screen a chance to breathe rather than trying to cramp every single piece of art/info on screen at once.
@iophobia -

And TV Channels view:
Do you think this version of the skin will require more of the hardware?
Xioami Mi Stick - Kodi 18.8
Libreelec 9.2.X - Kodi 18.8
Raspberry Pi 3
(2019-02-20, 00:51)Castilho Wrote: Do you think this version of the skin will require more of the hardware?

I'm hoping not too much, if at all.
(2019-02-19, 23:19)jurialmunkey Wrote: I was actually thinking about this yesterday and I definitely want to have an option.
One question - would you need the channel number with the icon or would the icon by itself be enough?
Personally, I don't even need channel numbers since I'm not invoking channel changes by digits but rather navigation in EPG or Yatse. Looking forward to the implementation.
Edit: Just now saw the result of a few posts back. Loving it.
(2019-02-20, 00:22)jurialmunkey Wrote: @iophobia -

And TV Channels view:

Is there a design reasoning that you went with 6 channels instead of Aura's 9 in EPG view? Sorry for bugging you Wink
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 226