• 206(current)
Arctic: Zephyr 2
(2019-11-18, 00:43)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-11-17, 18:06)Tired Dad Wrote: Hello,

@"marcelveldt" Is it possible to restrict  the "Recommended Movies" portion of the Skins Helper Service Widget widget to a playlist?
@jurialmunkey Now the development of the Skin Helper Service Widgets has stopped, what will you use in the future?

Thanks,

TD

No it isn't possible directly with skinhelper. However, unless you have specifically turned on the "experimental" setting in Skin Helper Widgets, all the "Recommended" widget does is returns unwatched movies with a rating higher than 7 - you can easily recreate those rules with a smart playlist.

Also, AZ2 doesn't use skinhelper for widgets by default - all the widgets in the "Default Widgets" section are smart playlists NOT skinhelper. Smart playlists have faster load times. I never use skinhelper widgets as nearly all of them can be recreated with smart playlist rules. The only ones that can't afaik are the similar widget, the experimental version of recommended, and the mixed-media ones (e.g. tv and movies). 
OK thanks, good to know what the criteria are for "recommended" movies.  For the experimental feature, are you able to share what else would go into a recommended movie, or what goes into a "similar" movie?
(2019-11-18, 23:45)Tired Dad Wrote:

@"marcelveldt" Is it possible to restrict  the "Recommended Movies" portion of the Skins Helper Service Widget widget to a playlist?
@jurialmunkey Now the development of the Skin Helper Service Widgets has stopped, what will you use in the future?

Thanks,

TD

No it isn't possible directly with skinhelper. However, unless you have specifically turned on the "experimental" setting in Skin Helper Widgets, all the "Recommended" widget does is returns unwatched movies with a rating higher than 7 - you can easily recreate those rules with a smart playlist.

Also, AZ2 doesn't use skinhelper for widgets by default - all the widgets in the "Default Widgets" section are smart playlists NOT skinhelper. Smart playlists have faster load times. I never use skinhelper widgets as nearly all of them can be recreated with smart playlist rules. The only ones that can't afaik are the similar widget, the experimental version of recommended, and the mixed-media ones (e.g. tv and movies). 
OK thanks, good to know what the criteria are for "recommended" movies.  For the experimental feature, are you able to share what else would go into a recommended movie, or what goes into a "similar" movie?
From what I remember about the code, Similar basically picks a watched movie at random ("because you watched") and then compares other movies on genre, writer and director to assign a similarity score. Those with the highest score are shown.

Recommended experimental does the same but compares against multiple recently watched movies rather than a single random movie.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Still using this skin as my default, thanks for all the hard work!

Don't know if they has been mentioned before (I tried searching) but there seems to be an issue with folders/content in a favourites menu. Can't seem to change the view at all and also watched markers/indicators don't appear?!?
I have some content that I keep separate from everything else, audio, 4k demos, old wrestling shows etc and it's good to be able to see where you are progress wise.
The strange thing is if I switch to Aura skin I can then change views and the marked indicators are there as in every other folder. 

Not sure if this is a bug or if I can do something to make this work?

Can this be fixed at all please?
Thanks
(2019-11-19, 01:01)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-11-18, 23:45)Tired Dad Wrote:
(2019-11-18, 00:43)jurialmunkey Wrote: No it isn't possible directly with skinhelper. However, unless you have specifically turned on the "experimental" setting in Skin Helper Widgets, all the "Recommended" widget does is returns unwatched movies with a rating higher than 7 - you can easily recreate those rules with a smart playlist.

From what I remember about the code, Similar basically picks a watched movie at random ("because you watched") and then compares other movies on genre, writer and director to assign a similarity score. Those with the highest score are shown.

Recommended experimental does the same but compares against multiple recently watched movies rather than a single random movie. 
Thanks, that doesn't sound like something one can do easily in a playlist, but at least it tells me how the similarity is calculated Smile
Hey jurialmunkey, is a sorting feature for the submenu on the basic layout still in the works?
Skin Shortcuts Error

Log file https://pastebin.com/S7eWGNPY

Thanks,

TD

do you have an idea how I can create a Kodi Favorites Widget without skinhelper?
(2019-11-21, 02:12)Rihy_ Wrote: Skin Shortcuts Error

Log file https://pastebin.com/S7eWGNPY
Skin shortcuts is currently not python 3 compatible. Latest versions of kodi 19 use python 3, so it won't work. A python 3 compatible version is being worked on. See skinning dev forum for details.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hey @jurialmunkey, could you add the option to view the changelog of an add-on?
Hi, can you install the skin at startup or user change once updated?
I have 2 profiles and must always first update the skin, so that everything is visible.
This seems to be a well-known problem in Kodi.
(2019-11-21, 11:42)7Eleven Wrote: Hey @jurialmunkey, could you add the option to view the changelog of an add-on?

He already has Big Grin
(2019-11-22, 02:22)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2019-11-21, 11:42)7Eleven Wrote: Hey @jurialmunkey, could you add the option to view the changelog of an add-on?

He already has Big Grin

I see it depends on how the dev wrote the add-on. That’s why I couldn’t see several changelogs.

Thanks for answering.
(2019-11-22, 03:03)7Eleven Wrote:
(2019-11-22, 02:22)drinfernoo Wrote:

He already has Big Grin

I see it depends on how the dev wrote the add-on. That’s why I couldn’t see several changelogs.

Thanks for answering.

Yeah, many add-on developers include a changelog.txt instead of using the "proper" <news> tag... I don't know if that would be usable in this instance?
What about a small banner widget type that would take half or a third of the screen? Is it possible to add or to do it? Thanks
(2019-11-19, 13:46)kaufman Wrote: Still using this skin as my default, thanks for all the hard work!

Don't know if they has been mentioned before (I tried searching) but there seems to be an issue with folders/content in a favourites menu. Can't seem to change the view at all and also watched markers/indicators don't appear?!?
I have some content that I keep separate from everything else, audio, 4k demos, old wrestling shows etc and it's good to be able to see where you are progress wise.
The strange thing is if I switch to Aura skin I can then change views and the marked indicators are there as in every other folder. 

Not sure if this is a bug or if I can do something to make this work?

Can this be fixed at all please?
Thanks

Any thoughts on this? It's definitely either a bug or a feature not included in the skin (although why are there options to change the view if they don't work?) as the view change/watched indicators work in Aura with no issues.
I'm running Android Kodi 18.4 on a Nvidia Shield just to be clear.
  • 206(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 226