• 114(current)
Arctic: Zephyr 2
(2019-04-26, 02:51)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2019-04-26, 01:41)st.louey Wrote: Hi Jurialmunkey,

Just installed skin on updated osmc vero 4k+ using kodi 18.2 rc and followed "RottenTomatoes and Metacritic Setup via SkinHelper and OMDB api" instruction on page 1. Left it for a day after reboot and i still do not see any ratings added. Is there a log to see why its now working? I deleted simplecache.db and can see that its been recreated. Does it work for all views? Thanks in advance.

I don't believe every view shows them. It also depends on whether your content is having the right metadata attached to it, however. Are you using local library content, or add-on content? Some add-ons may not send the information through to the skin correctly. 
Metadata, ok that makes sense why its not working, i thought it would be based on filename. Is there an example of the right meta data required? Regarding local library vs add-on content can you please provide further information. My library is via nfs share to nas if that helps? Thanks
@jurialmunkey I love this skin so much. Thanks for making it for us.  

I tried doing a search thru the thread for this question but I couldn't find anything this. 

I know Netflix doesn't really have season folder art. Is there a setting or something Im missing to get maybe at least just the poster art in the seasons view with the netflix addon? (Could this be a question for the plug in thread?) 

Regardless, Thx so much jurialmunkey
Was wondering if this banner should still be white, even in "Dark with Dark Dialogs"... That's a pretty bright dialog  Rofl

(2019-04-26, 22:24)pomaybo Wrote: @jurialmunkey I love this skin so much. Thanks for making it for us.  

I tried doing a search thru the thread for this question but I couldn't find anything this. 

I know Netflix doesn't really have season folder art. Is there a setting or something Im missing to get maybe at least just the poster art in the seasons view with the netflix addon? (Could this be a question for the plug in thread?) 

Regardless, Thx so much jurialmunkey

This would likely be a question for the developer of that add-on, as it's simply not passing the artwork you desire to the skin. Given the proper artwork, AZ2 should display it correctly.
Just tested A:Z2 first time with Kodi 18 on my RPi.

Really good job. And thanks for all the work.

Could you maybe add an option for auto-scrolling classic (multiple) widgets, too? For now auto-scrolling is only available for the background widgets.
(2019-04-26, 23:17)drinfernoo Wrote: Was wondering if this banner should still be white, even in "Dark with Dark Dialogs"... That's a pretty bright dialog  Rofl

It can't follow dialog colours because in the default colour scheme it needs to be dark to contrast against the background.

Plus it isn't a dialog - It is a list view so it uses the same colours as a list.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2019-04-27, 00:52)loeffelpan Wrote: Just tested A:Z2 first time with Kodi 18 on my RPi.

Could you maybe add an option for auto-scrolling classic (multiple) widgets, too? For now auto-scrolling is only available for the background widgets.
Autoscrolling works if you only set one widget for a menu item in multi widget layout (ie widget plus info).

It doesn't make sense when multiple widgets are on screen plus it is difficult to manage the conditions for when each widget should or shouldn't auto scroll.
(2019-04-27, 00:57)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-04-26, 23:17)drinfernoo Wrote: Was wondering if this banner should still be white, even in "Dark with Dark Dialogs"... That's a pretty bright dialog  Rofl

It can't follow dialog colours because in the default colour scheme it needs to be dark to contrast against the background.

Fair enough! I guess that makes sense.

Plus it isn't a dialog - It is a list view so it uses the same colours as a list.
(2019-04-27, 01:00)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-04-27, 00:52)loeffelpan Wrote: Just tested A:Z2 first time with Kodi 18 on my RPi.

Autoscrolling works if you only set one widget for a menu item in multi widget layout (ie widget plus info).

It doesn't make sense when multiple widgets are on screen plus it is difficult to manage the conditions for when each widget should or shouldn't auto scroll.

I haven't been able to get auto-scrolling working in multi or single widget mode Sad
(2019-04-27, 01:40)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2019-04-27, 01:00)jurialmunkey Wrote:

I haven't been able to get auto-scrolling working in multi or single widget mode Sad

Sorry, I misspoke - Autoscroll only works for the global widget (it should work for any homescreen style though).

With the earlier version of the widget management system, it also originally worked for the first widget set (i.e. the "main" widget of the menu item). It was one of the trade-offs in switching to the new management system (which is far superior in pretty much every other aspect).
@drinfernoo - Actually, can you test v0.9.28-a3 - Autoscroll should now work for setup where there is only one widget visible for the menu item (i.e. you can see the info for the widget).
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...alpha3.zip
@jurialmunkey couple of questions/suggestion for u

1.Liking the new genres and languages furniture option. However for some movies all the info overlaps the codec stuff. Suggestion is to split the option to genre and language. I noticed the furniture section is looking crowded though. If wanted to play around, would just editing Includes_Object.xml do?

2.When when playing a song the play/pause controls dont show up until you press home. The default is bitrate info. can this be changed around?

3. Unfocused menu items are hard to read/make out. I had a look through the code and cant figure out where to change this. When an menu item is focused does it call a different bold font type or does it bold the existing font?

4. Are you bringing back clearlogos for poster/banner wall views etc?
(2019-04-27, 03:34)jurialmunkey Wrote: @drinfernoo - Actually, can you test v0.9.28-a3 - Autoscroll should now work for setup where there is only one widget visible for the menu item (i.e. you can see the info for the widget).

Thanks. I will try, too.
Could add an option to hide the widget first (until pressing up/down) and show only the scrolling background with one widget set?

You did it this way for spotlight/background widget layout and in A:Z1 classic view.
(2019-04-27, 08:49)loeffelpan Wrote:
(2019-04-27, 03:34)jurialmunkey Wrote: @drinfernoo - Actually, can you test v0.9.28-a3 - Autoscroll should now work for setup where there is only one widget visible for the menu item (i.e. you can see the info for the widget).

Thanks. I will try, too.
Could add an option to hide the widget first (until pressing up/down) and show only the scrolling background with one widget set?

You did it this way for spotlight/background widget layout and in A:Z1 classic view.

Something similar to AZ1 classic layout will be coming eventually! No ETA - it is quite a big job. Not sure when I will have the time as my work schedule is quite busy at the moment - but it is definitely on the todo list.
(2019-04-27, 08:18)NotYourAverageAl Wrote: @jurialmunkey couple of questions/suggestion for u

1.Liking the new genres and languages furniture option. However for some movies all the info overlaps the codec stuff. Suggestion is to split the option to genre and language. I noticed the furniture section is looking crowded though. If wanted to play around, would just editing Includes_Object.xml do?

2.When when playing a song the play/pause controls dont show up until you press home. The default is bitrate info. can this be changed around?

3. Unfocused menu items are hard to read/make out. I had a look through the code and cant figure out where to change this. When an menu item is focused does it call a different bold font type or does it bold the existing font?

4. Are you bringing back clearlogos for poster/banner wall views etc?

1. Yeah I was concerned about overlaps. Still needs a lot more tweaking - think of it as an experimental feature for the time being. I will probably eventually have a pop-up dialog where the user can choose what info to put there from a radiobutton list.

2. Keymap issue, not a skin issue.

3. It is a different font definition. Menu still needs some tweaks. I'm avoiding discussion of user modifications until the skin is out of alpha. The point of releasing an Alpha is to work on fixing bugs, adding desired features, and fixing usability issues. Users are free to modify the skin on their own of course! I just want to avoid the thread being derailed by discussing mods (plus I would rather spend my time working on the skin than walking people through making bespoke tweaks).

4. What do you mean by bringing back clearlogos? Are you talking about in the center header position? If so, I'm undecided at the moment - not a big fan of how it looks really though.
  • 114(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 226