• 16(current)
Broken hGO EU Add-on (plugin.video.hbogoeu) [input-stream] [End Of Life]
NEW PRE-RELEASE: plugin.video.hbogoeu-2.0.17~beta34.zip available in my repository repository.arvvoid-1.0.0.zip

OR DIRECT DOWNLOAD: plugin.video.hbogoeu-2.0.17~beta34.zip

v.2.0.17-beta34
  • THIS IS A RELEASE CANDIDATE VERSION
  • SECURITY: make use of defusedxml
  • SECURITY: removed pickle, implemented an alternative more secure method for storing the session
  • Code style fixes
  • add-on passing all kodi-addon-checker tests
  • moved widevine check/setup to initial step of add-on setup
  • update to Hungarian translation (contribution Ajnasz)

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE MISSING LANGUAGE FILES
NEW PRE-RELEASE: plugin.video.hbogoeu-2.0.18~beta37.zip available in my repository repository.arvvoid-1.0.0.zip

OR DIRECT DOWNLOAD: plugin.video.hbogoeu-2.0.18~beta37.zip

v.2.0.18-beta37
  • Compatibility fixes Python 2/3

This has been tested and should be stable. Please test especialy Spain/Nordic region that I can't fully test myself and report any problems if found.

I had some issues updating to the latest version quite recently. I had to manually update script.module.defusedxml to version 0.6.0 taken from the official Kodi repo https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/krypton/s...efusedxml/. It may help some people with issues. I think I did it under Windows, as Kodi for Android did not have this issue and it updated the HBO Go Europe addon without issues. It may help people to update to the latest version if they have any issues.
Gadget enthusiast
Kodi player on an oDroid N2 4 GB with latest stable CoreElec
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005
(2019-10-15, 15:46)tmihai20 Wrote: I had some issues updating to the latest version quite recently. I had to manually update script.module.defusedxml to version 0.6.0 taken from the official Kodi repo https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/krypton/s...efusedxml/. It may help some people with issues. I think I did it under Windows, as Kodi for Android did not have this issue and it updated the HBO Go Europe addon without issues. It may help people to update to the latest version if they have any issues.

On CoreElec/Kodi for Amlogic SoC there is no problem with any updates so far, as all dependencies are updated automatically to new versions as soon as they become available.
@Sholander I think that if someone were to install Kodi from scratch now it would not have the issues we had because we already had Kodi installed before the Widevine change. I know that I searched a lot and read all the posts here to find a solution and none worked in the long run (I had issues again after a reboot - I don't know why Sad ). I am still tied to Android, unfortunately and I do not plan to buy a new device (like oDroid N2) any time soon as my Q10 Pro is still working well and I have not upgraded my main TV to 4K.
Gadget enthusiast
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005
@tmihai20 Hello, not sure what caused your problem can be any number of factors, but script.module.defusedxml should be available in the official Leia repository so that should not be the problem https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/scri...efusedxml/ .
The only scenario so far where I had to install script.module.defusedxml manually was when testing with the Kodi 19 nightlys and Kodi 19 test build from Python3 PR.

Android have widevine "baked in", so updates to widevine are os updates nothing to do with Kodi. A Kodi update might be required on Android to get a newer inputstream.adaptive version (simply always update to the latest stable Kodi version for Android and you should be fine). On other platforms, recent versions of inputstream.helper will take care of it. It should make no difference if it was installed before or is a fresh install if everything is updated.
Quote: tmihai20: know that I searched a lot and read all the posts here to find a solution and none worked in the long run (I had issues again after a reboot - I don't know why  )
From your post it is not really clean what issues you are referring too?
@arvvoid The only issue I had was that I was not able to update to the latest version. I had to update script.module.defusedxml by hand. I think I may have posted in the wrong thread, I did not have issues with the HBO Go addon as I had with the Netflix addon because of the Widevine update inside Kodi. Sorry for the misleading post. I am using Kodi 18.4 right now under Android.
Gadget enthusiast
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005
(2019-10-14, 11:31)arvvoid Wrote: NEW PRE-RELEASE: plugin.video.hbogoeu-2.0.18~beta37.zip available in my repository repository.arvvoid-1.0.0.zip

OR DIRECT DOWNLOAD: plugin.video.hbogoeu-2.0.18~beta37.zipv.2.0.18-beta37
  • Compatibility fixes Python 2/3

This has been tested and should be stable. Please test especialy Spain/Nordic region that I can't fully test myself and report any problems if found.

Work for me in Spain.
Thanks.
working in Denmark - but the subtitles don't work probely they are not in sync and they are all over screen when playing tv shows
@jakepe88 Hello, please recreate the problem and post a full debug log.
Is there (or may be in future) any way to DOWNLOAD, RIP or SAVE subtitles from HBO GO stream with your great addon? In whatever format, vtt will be ok.
Hi,
Does any one know how to have dobly digital 5.1?
I can't find any information on how to do this.

Thanks,
Alsuki.
You can't... since this addon is identifying to HBO Go's servers as Chrome/Chromium browser (and is using widevine DLL from it) .. and there is no 5.1 audio for browsers.
Then how can Netflix addon, which works the same way as HBO-Go, have DD 5.1 audio Wink
@Sholander It doesn't matter whats works or doesn't work on a different content provider, what each content provider allows and makes available on what device and certification level varies and is the sole decision of the content provider.

HBO-Go have only 2.0 audio streams available in browsers and on most devices, according to their faq there is a verry limited number of specific devices where 5.1 audio works with the official app nothing can be done on our end.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hGO EU Add-on (plugin.video.hbogoeu) [input-stream] [End Of Life]2