Retroplayer and Keyboard
I've just downloaded v18 Leia win64 version and fired it up excited to see how it would handle retro games. I've run into a problem right out of the gate. I downloaded an emulator and tried to fire up a game only to be greeted with the following message:

"In this release, only controllers can be used to play games."

I guess I could hook up a controller for the console games, but how am I supposed to play my DOSBox games without a keyboard?

Is there a way to use a keyboard? Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for any help.

~Raze
~Raze
Keyboard does not work with RP in Leia, it is not implemented. You will have to wait until M*** is released, or use an external emulator for DOSBox games.
(2019-02-01, 09:01)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Keyboard does not work with RP in Leia, it is not implemented. You will have to wait until M*** is released, or use an external emulator for DOSBox games.

Thanks. That's too bad. I'm curious what the reason was?

Regardless RP is a huge step for kodi and all the work put in is appreciated.
~Raze
(2019-02-01, 10:13)Raze Wrote:
(2019-02-01, 09:01)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Keyboard does not work with RP in Leia, it is not implemented.

Thanks. That's too bad. I'm curious what the reason was? 

Keyboard was supported throughout development, but I decided to drop it 18.0 to greatly simplify the code of the MVP. Now that our MVP is out with the 18.0 release a few days ago, we can start building toward completing our input support.

Another problem is how to map keyboards to player numbers. I started a Player Manager project, but it needs some more work and thinking before it's ready. Ideas welcome!
BTC: 1JtXwJdGdE9YnYgThWBT2StFCU5sEYkbVD (personal), https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate-bitcoin (foundation). Donations in the form of controllers, especially ones that don't work in Kodi, are also appreciated.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retroplayer and Keyboard00