Is there an easy way to downgrade back to v17
Hi all;

I looked at the other threads about v18, but I don't see this specific issue being addressed. If it is, mods, please feel free to move this posting to whatever thread you think is appropriate.

I just started up Kodi for the first time in a week on my Android TV box, and was surprised to see a new v18 splash screen, and a "converting library" message.

I thought I'd disabled auto-update, but either I hadn't, or the setting was ignored by Android. 

In any event, I tried watching a video, but the playback is now so choppy as to be almost unwatchable. I thought it might be the new videos, but then I tried to watch a movie I'd seen two weeks ago, which was fine then, but it was also very choppy as well. Every video I played has this problem.

Unfortunately, I don't see any way to roll it back to v17. Is there an official process anywhere on how to install a previous build? I've looked on the Android Play store and there are a few comments to "just install the APK", but I'm not sure that's an option. Even if it is, how can I make sure it doesn't auto-update again to v18 again?

I'm sure v18 works for the great majority of setups, but mine isn't one of them.
Moved to Android
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Replying to my own post here, I see old v17.6 APKs are available at

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/

Currently downloading those, I'm going to see if I can install these. I'm not sure about the differences between v7a and v8a, however.

Hopefully, the database will still be usable; my last backup isn't too bad (August 29th, but not much has changed since then).
(2019-02-04, 04:05)billdehaan Wrote: Hopefully, the database will still be usable;
The old database is not deleted after an upgrade. It should still be there.
can i do this from nvidia shield aswell ?
It turns out I had to uninstall v18; v17 wouldn't install overtop of it.

And apparently uninstalling wiped the database as well. 

When I installed 17.6, it was a clean slate, with no movies or TV shows, add-ons, or configuration data.

Annoying, but not a total disaster; I had a recent backup. Unfortunately, the backup doesn't cover everything, like checking of which episodes were marked as read, but it's better than having to re-enter and re-index 21TB of movies and TV shows. I only had a couple of add-ons (backup and super favourites are the only ones I remember), and it looks like the OpenWeather and Yahoo weather services aren't there any more, and for some reason, I can only put "Videos" on the main screen now, instead of Movies and TV shows separately. But given the problems I was seeing with v18, I think I'll wait it out until that matures before I look at it in a few months or so.
try doing this:

Go to settings - services - settings - SMB client, and set minimum protocol version to NONE, set maximum protocol version to NONE, say yes to restart KODI, start kodi again, and now kodi can see you network drives !   Rar archives aswell !!

took me freaking 3 days to figure out this freaking thing

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there an easy way to downgrade back to v170