OS Addons Differences
I have used OpenElec, OSMC, and LibreELEC. I chose LibreELEC and I am very happy. However, I notice that each OS I tried the Kodi Add-on repos did not include all the add-ons that others did. LibreELEC is missing add-ons that OSMC and OpenELEC have. 

Is this something I can correct or is it just up to the OS creators as to which add-ons can be seen in the Kodi repo?
Can you give some examples?

Normally it's a case of compatability, often where add-ons aren't needed due to built-in functionality, or limitations with how the underlying OS is set up (OSMC has more underlying OS available than LE does by design for example, which limits what LE can offer in some cases).

Also do you mean the official Kodi repo, or more specifically the distribution's own repo which is also installed in parallel?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Yes, the official Kodi repo. GRID skin was one but I thought it was still being supported so maybe that's why. It's usually skins that say they are available in the Kodi repo but j cannot get to them with libreelec
In regard of skins, it's simply that only some are currently updated for Kodi 18. So it depends on the Kodi version in use. As OpenELEC is outdated and doesn't even have a Kodi 18 version currently, AFAIK, it's clear that you will see those skins which are available for the Kodi version OpenELEC is still using (which might be way more than the current Kodi version has).

You will see similar availability with Kodi 18 on Ubuntu (for example) as well as on LibreELEC 9.0.0 as both are shipping the same Kodi version. Currently available skins for Kodi 18 are:

- Aura
- Box
- Confluence
- Eminence
- fTV
- Pellucid
- Quartz
- Rapier
- Revolve
- Transparency!
- Xperience1080

See: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/ and search for the word "skin." at that page.

More might be available if the maintainers are updating their skins and pushing updates to our repos. Some might also be compatible with Kodi 18 but not pushed to our repo. So you have to download them manually from their release threads at the Skin support section: https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OS Addons Differences0