• 40(current)
Release IPTV Merge
the setting is called "setup IPTV Simple"

that doesnt do any special install addon magic.
it uses the same api everything else uses to request an addon and that api only installs it if its not present.
Kodi is the one who shows you "would you like to install this addon" and does the download and install of it.
I simply say "i need this addon".

my guess is something in LE repo. maybe they call their pvr client something different.

eitherway - im not going to waste time looking into it.
(2023-03-31, 02:53)matthuisman Wrote: the setting is called "setup IPTV Simple"

that doesnt do any special install addon magic.
it uses the same api everything else uses to request an addon and that api only installs it if its not present.
Kodi is the one who shows you "would you like to install this addon" and does the download and install of it.
I simply say "i need this addon".

my guess is something in LE repo. maybe they call their pvr client something different.

eitherway - im not going to waste time looking into it.

Yes there have been many GitHub problems, not specific to LE repo. Hard to figure out what is going on.

Strangely then, the LE repo "recovery" coincided with my install efforts last night via my lucky attempt to use IPTV Merge for PVR Simple install.

And no, LE repo calls it PVR Simple as always!

Google Translate:
https://forum.alexelec.tv/index.php?topic=273.0

Now things seem to work....but there are many more tech layoffs.
EDIT: Nevermind, solved my issue with the guide not updating -- I just wasn't being patient enough.  I found there is a PVR & LiveTV setting in Kodi that also determines the rate at which it pulls the EPG from the backend, which is what IPTV merge is providing.
@matthuisman 

Where can I find description of playback modes (Bypass, Custom, , Disabled, Input Adaptive) in IPTV Merge, Plex Live, Pluto etc?

Been googling, without success.

1. In particular, I just switched from  Kodi 18 to Kodi 20.1 on Alexelec.tv (CoreElec fork) on my old x96mini 2/16 GB box.

The Amlogic S905W SoC is not performant, so I want to limit resolution to 720p, which on the (streamlink based) TVLink PVR works well with both live youtube and other live/VOD sites streaming.

I haven't checked the plugin.video.youtube addon with PVR Simple since Kodi Repo and others seem to be down- few addons are showing ! Of course my old addons are disabled.

2. So I have been looking at the BBC Food (Plex Live) channel for testing, after using Best playback and Input Stream Adaptive (no limit) enabled for live streams on the addons.

What I did was use Custom playback with 4 Mbps (gives 720p on BBC channel) and also limit Input Adaptive plugin to 720p for live streams and DVR.

Now the BBC channel streams more smoothly compared with the original 1080p streaming, but there is still some choppiness.

So I see a total 2356 channels, with Plex Live (All US) and Pluto (US, Canada, UK) channels with EPGs, including my own non-EPG 210+ channels (mostly from TVLink PVR) channels.

Will reducing channels count help with smoother streaming? (Also in #5 below.)

3. What else can I do for a max 720p streaming ?
4. If I am using IPTV Merge with Plex Live and Pluto (and an external playlist with youtube VoD channels), do I only need to make the settings in IPTV Merge, or also (same settings?) on Plex Live and Pluto ?

I do not need direct Plex Live or Pluto streaming once I am using IPTV merge via IPTV Simple PVR.

5. And one more issue. I see constant updating of PVR lists and EPGs on my x96mini (top right circle in home screen) every some minutes. 

So in IPTV Merge, I changed Merge interval to max (48 hours) but it didn't seem to have made a difference. Any remedies, or just a weak CPU isssue?
https://www.matthuisman.nz/2019/09/new-q...d-ons.html

Amount of channels shouldn't affect playback. But may make loading the list of channels etc slower.

If using addon sources, it uses the quality setting from those addons. The setting in IPTV merge is for non-addon sources
Did the last iptvsimple update break this again?
I have a combination of Sling, Stremium and NextPVR for my OTA channels.  I use IPTV Merge to combine all three together for a nice seamless guide. Works great. The issue I have is with Stremium. 

Some of my Sling channels don't play.  I get an authentication error, or something similar.  Another channel (a stremium channel) is really hosed up.  Constant drops and hangs and loops back and forth.  

Today I decided to remove Sling from the providers list and add it back it, hopefully it will fix some of my Sling connection issues.  Now I can't re-authenticate to Sling via Stremium.  I can log into Sling without issue, so I know my user ID and password are correct.  I just can't authenticate to Sling via Stremium.   I sent a email to Stemiums support email address, but I'm not going to hold my breath until I get a reply.  I've emailed that address before about something and never got a reply.

Anyone else having issues with Stremium?  Any idea how to get support?

Thanks
(2023-05-23, 23:09)rosede Wrote: I have a combination of Sling, Stremium and NextPVR for my OTA channels.  I use IPTV Merge to combine all three together for a nice seamless guide. Works great. The issue I have is with Stremium. 

Some of my Sling channels don't play.  I get an authentication error, or something similar.  Another channel (a stremium channel) is really hosed up.  Constant drops and hangs and loops back and forth.  

Today I decided to remove Sling from the providers list and add it back it, hopefully it will fix some of my Sling connection issues.  Now I can't re-authenticate to Sling via Stremium.  I can log into Sling without issue, so I know my user ID and password are correct.  I just can't authenticate to Sling via Stremium.   I sent a email to Stemiums support email address, but I'm not going to hold my breath until I get a reply.  I've emailed that address before about something and never got a reply.

Thank
I have thought about using this program with nextpvr and sling. Is it pretty straightforward to set up? (do you use both iptv merge  & simple iptv?)
(2023-06-01, 17:27)clones Wrote:
(2023-05-23, 23:09)rosede Wrote: I have a combination of Sling, Stremium and NextPVR for my OTA channels.  I use IPTV Merge to combine all three together for a nice seamless guide. Works great. The issue I have is with Stremium. 

Thank
I have thought about using this program with nextpvr and sling. Is it pretty straightforward to set up? (do you use both iptv merge  & simple iptv?)

I have an Sling account and a Stremium account.  You need to add Sling as an provider from within Stremium.  For OTA, I have an external antenna that goes to a Silicondust Homerun Flex duel tuner, which is on my network.  I have a separate machine running with NextPVR on it.

On my RPi(s), I have the Slyguy Stremium add-on, the Slyguy IPTV add-on and the NextPVR add-on.  All of the magic happens in the IPTV.   It sees all of the channels being presented to Kodi.  Be aware that you may see a lot of channels when you configure it and some duplicate channels.   Depending on the Sling package you have, there may be duplicate channels with Stremium.  That is easy to fix in the IPTV configuration.  You can hide channels that are duplicate.  Once you run the IP-merge command, all the channels get merged into one guide.  Very, nice.  

Every so often, I get channels that just pop up and get added in.  I'm not 100% sure if they come from Sling, or Stremium, but I just go to the IPTV hide the ones I don't want and run the merge command.  I have a small script setup on my primary Pi that does an rsync of the IPTV add-on to the other pi's and then I just go around to each one, run the merge and all of my TV's have the same channel lineup.  Very slick. 

This is a 30,000 ft. view of everything, but its not hard to setup or to maintain.  

Years ago when I first learned of Kodi and RPi's, I was using a Silicondust Homerun Prime and a cable card.  Then a couple of years ago, my cable provider pulled the support of the cable card and I was forced to find an alternative solution.  I started researching here, discovered Slyguy and the products he provides, and have been very happy.    Matt does an excellent job.
FYI, seems your Inputstream helper (Slyguy wrapper) update is breaking other addons that depend on Inputstream Helper. Causing errors when opening other addons. Downgrading Inputstream to the Kodi version fixes the other addons. Just letting you know.
@jdig4240 did the slyguy wrapper automatically install?
Kodi shouldn't do that. It should keep you on the official repo version unless explicitly selecting this other version?
(2023-06-16, 00:23)matthuisman Wrote: @jdig4240 did the slyguy wrapper automatically install?
Kodi shouldn't do that. It should keep you on the official repo version unless explicitly selecting this other version?

I do have the Kodi setting "Update official add-on from" Any repositories option on.
oh right. i forgot about that setting. annoying. i wanted it to be available for users who wanted to use it.
The latest version of it should fix the error though.
(2023-06-16, 01:03)matthuisman Wrote: oh right. i forgot about that setting. annoying. i wanted it to be available for users who wanted to use it.
The latest version of it should fix the error though.

Yes, latest version works fine, thanks!
Yea, so 99.0.5 still causes other addons to crash/not work. Ill just have to downgrade to Kodi repo version and turn off updates from other repos.
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Merge0