Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2020-05-29, 05:52)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-05-29, 04:09)ozkhan1 Wrote: I think I’m ready to pull the trigger on the N2.
Can someone point me in the right direction how to setup dual boot with android/CoreElec?

https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-n2/os_images/petitboot

And I suggest you do a Petitboot update before doing anything else.
A Mini RF USB dongle remote really needs to be used like the Wechip G20S to select different OS during Petitboot.

Devices like the Ugoos X2 / X3 / AM6 have a better Dual Boot setup IMHO with CE running from a Class 10 U1 microSDHC.
Like all AMLogic Android devices you simply reboot Android or CoreELEC (via it's Power Menu option) to flip flip easily between OS versions. It's not as cumbersome vs the N2 Dual (Petitboot) Boot setup.

Ugoos have much better Android OS support as well. Especially for Kodi and Gamepad user configuration.
Quote:When I order it, is there way to get larger storage? 32 GB for android and CoreElec? Or is it limited to 8 or 16?

Android OS in particular - on the N2 must be run from fast eMMC or USB3 in my opinion. Otherwise its Snail slow to bootup and use from microSDHC.
16GB eMMC or greater is faster vs 8GB. Just get a compatible N2 eMMC and extra hardware to flash it with.

thx, @wrxtasy

is it possible to partition one emmc module so it can be shared for the coreelec and android images?
I am assuming the most common setup for dual boot is android on emmc and coreelec on sdhc or usb.. is that correct? are there any performance hits due to sdhc?
How long does the bootup take usually between the two OS? 10-15 seconds or longer? i am ssuming you can do all of it from the remote and you dont necessarily need a keyboard plugged in.

thanks again for your help as always.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - by ozkhan1 - 2020-05-29, 06:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4