Secondary Screen Display Issues
Hi,

Kodi recently stopped displaying on my secondary screen. It used to recognize my secondary screen when I plugged in my HDMI cord. It still shows up as an option in my Displays, but when I select the display, it still shows up on my laptop screen. 

How do I fix this?

Thanks
debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
https://paste.kodi.tv/oziwixawuc

thanks
This is Kodi 17.6. The 17.x branch is not developed anymore.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
thanks, i updated my kodi to the latest version, but still same issue.

http://paste.kodi.tv/usupidiven
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
Sorry, i've pulled a log on a clean kodi install on 18.1
http://paste.kodi.tv/dedahimihu
Mhhh i think it has something to do with the fact that both displays have different resolutions.
Can you try to set both to 1024x768 (that’s the only one I saw that both displays support) and test if it works to switch to the projector then?
Thanks, that seemed to work, but then the resolution on my laptop screen changes as well. I didn't have this issue before. Is there a way to set the resolution for seperated displays?
Well I tried to reproduce by setting one of my 2 screens to 1600x900 and the other one to full hd. I was not able to reproduce the problem. Switching between screens worked without issues.

How exactly do you switch between screens?

You could try to go to windowed mode in an intermediate step and then full screen to your target screen. And you should ensure that you not got to fullscreen via the green “+” from OS X because this will mess things up with Kodi.
I appreciated your help. Are you setting the screen resolution in Kodi? When i switch the display to Epson, it used to automatically put Kodi onto the projector, but without setting the resolution to 1024x768, it will be zoomed in and on my laptop screen. I noticed a Whitelist option, should any of these be turned on? i tried being in window mode and presssing "\" to expand it on my projector, but it only put it on my laptop skewed again.
Instead of pressing \ you should select epson in inside Kodi while it is windowed and moved to the epson screen.
I changed resolutions in Mac OS before starting Kodi.

The whitelist should only come into play when starting a movie. It s part of automated refreshrate Adaption where the user can select which resolutions and refreshrates are allowed for video playback.
I have previously tried it both way, selecting epson or moving the window to the second screen and pressing /, but both have the same results.

I noticed if i dont set the resolution to your previously mentioned suggestion and i switch to epson when the image gets skewed, a blank window will appear on the second screen with the close, minimize and maximize icons along with the window title “kodi media player”. This window only started to pop up when i had the issue that i first mentioned.

EDIT:
i also noticed if i'm in Kodi and I command tab out to the finder, the resolution of the finder is changed to whatever resolution kodi was set to. should this happen?
You still didn’t do the constellation I proposed as It seems.

Go to windowed mode. Move window to second screen. Select “epson” in settings (instead of hitting \ at that point).

The desktop resolution should not be changed by Kodi.

From what resolution to what resolution did it change?
Sorry, i missed understood. i did try it the way you first suggested it as well with the same results.

I believe i originally had the resolution at 1400x900. If i changed it to the suggested 1024x768 and command tab to finder, the finder and any other applications that are open also becomes that size on the laptop screen, but not the projector. So it seems the resolution is only affecting the first screen and depending on the resolution, it will

1) fit skewed/cut off on the laptop with no effect on the projector

2) fit fine on the projector but skew the resolution of the laptop screen.

I sometimes use my laptop at the same time as kodi, so having the resolution of the laptop skewed while using kodi isnt great.

Thanks again for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Secondary Screen Display Issues0