Adding "Movies" and "Music" Categories to Main Menu
I downloaded the latest Kodi. I researched online and got Kodi to appear how I want. I edited the Home.XML file. Only the "Movies" and "Music" categories appear on the main screen. I also deleted the recently added, recently viewed, etc.
All I want to do now is add the tiled categories view for each (movies and music) to show up on the right side of the main menu. I want this:

to show up on the right side of the main menu tiled (where I may have to scroll down) to take up the right hand side of the screen that's huge empty space:

What XML files do I need to edit and what code do I put in?
Thanks!
I'll move your post to the Estuary forum. The skinners or other members might be able to help.

(Don't you have any tv shows?)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
best i can come up with is using the widgets
xml:

<include content="WidgetListCategories" condition="Library.HasContent(music)+ !Skin.HasSetting(home_no_recentlyplayedalbums_widget)">
       <param name="content_path" value="library://music/compilations.xml/"/>
       <param name="widget_header" value="compilations"/>
       <param name="widget_target" value="music"/>
       <param name="list_id" value="7100"/>
       <param name="fallback_icon" value="DefaultMusicAlbums.png"/>
      </include>

using xml links to userdata\library may be in  C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\library
Thank you. Where exactly do I put that code in the Home.XML file? I also want the widgets for the movies to appear the same. Can you please also include that code and tell me where to put it in the Home.XML file?
I'm pretty sure my Estuary mod will do that for you, or at least get you close.  In the skin settings go to MAIN MENU ITEMS and turn off everything except Movies and Music.  Then in the CATEGORIES section turn off all the widgets for the two sections but leave categories on.
hmmm am I installing it wrong? I can't configure it and when I go to choose a skin in options and pick yours, my Kodi says it's dependant on some previous version that starts with a 5?
I just realized you hadn't said what version of Kodi you're on.  My mod works with Kodi 18, so if you're on something earlier it won't work.  If you are on 18, then I'm not sure what the issue might be.  I have three devices running it, and I know other folks are as well, so we'd have to take a closer look at your logs and setup to see if we can figure out the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding "Movies" and "Music" Categories to Main Menu0