Solved Subtitles not downloading/saving properly
Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue during the past week or so.  I have OpenSubtitles.org addon installed and up until a week ago it worked beautifully.  Play an episode or movie with no subtitles, click subtitles, download subtitles, a list would populate, for the most part you could pick the first one, it would download AND save to the episode/movie location and the world was good.  Now it seems to have stopped saving them.  It does download them as they work as long as the episode or movie is playing.  However it is NOT saving them to the episode/movie location any more.  I swear to you I have not changed a single setting.  I don't know what caused this to stop working.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as other than uninstalling and reinstalling the addons I don't' know what else to try.

I do know this is only the case on the desktop I'm using connected to my TV.  If i try to download subtitles on my laptop install they download and save as they always did.

Thanks for any assistance
The media files are stored on the desktop, or somewhere else?

This kind of thing is normally a permissions issue (Kodi sounds to have lost the privs to write to wherever the media is stored) so I would check if that machine has done some kind of automatic update or something which has changed things without your knowledge. Or just verify and reset the access permissions again on the share.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
The media files are stored on a desktop on the same network.  There have been no permission changes.  As I said, other kodi installations can download and save subtitles fine.  Actually there are no permissions to speak of.  Anything on my network has full read/write access.
Enable debugging, restart Kodi, do "your thing", and provide the debug log (wiki) via a pastebin website near you, so we can have a closer look.
Never mind I fixed it.  I have no idea what the issue was but it was REALLY  annoying me that it wasn't working and I was REALLY bored so I just formatted my box and started over from scratch.  LibreELEC takes seconds to install and 15 minutes later I was back up and running.  Thank you so much for your support tho, should I need you again in future, I shall return Smile
Thread marked solved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles not downloading/saving properly0