Filemanager with one window only and date of file possible?
I used LibreElec + Kodi, some older versions for years to play videos from my home network. The filemanager had one window only and I could see the date of the files and choose the sort order.

After not using it for a longer period I installed the latest version, LibreElec 8.2.5 and Codi v17.7 Krypton. Among the numerous problems I encounter now is a problem with the file manager:
I want to see only one window, not a split window of the file manager. How can I configure that?
I want to see and sort the files according to date of files. Now I see filesize only. How can I configure that?
I have searched quite a lot, consulted the Kodi wiki without success.
If there is no solution to these problems - where can I best find old versions of Kodi? Would I have to go back also to an older version of LibreElec? Unfortunately I have no backup of the old system which was working perfectly for years.
You are accessing your files from the wrong location. Go to Videos then enter Files node, add the location of your files as a Source, then you can browse the files on that source once it's been added. The primary purpose of File Manager is not for accessing media to play it, but purely for activities such as copying, moving, deleting files etc, the ability to also do playback in File Manager is purely there to allow you to verify a files content without relying solely on the file name.
Thanks for the input.
I can access my video files on my PC from the Raspberry now from the "Videos" button.
But I ran into other problems not existent with the old software.

1. I am nonever asked whether I want to continue playing the video from where I stopped it earlier or whether I want to play it from the beginning. That would force me to keep track on paper at which time I stopped playing the video.
2. Using the same wired mouse as before, when clicking left on "Options" in the left lower corner when the files are displayed, a menu opens offering sort order etc. But as soon as I move the mouse cursor away from the "Options" button, the menu disappears and I could not find a way to work on that menu to change to displaying file date instead of file size.

Any idea what to do?
Correction,
I just tried again, now the choice continuing from where I stopped is offered. So this problem disappeared.
There is still another problem which I did not have with the old versions:

when playing the videos via Videos->Files I can restart from the point of interruption and see whether I have completed the video, but I cannot delete it at this point.
To delete videos I have to write down on paper which videos I have seen, go to file manager (there I cannot see whether the video has been seen completely) and delete according to my paper list.
All that  could be done from within the place where I played the videos in the old software. I could see, whether they had been played completely and could also delete them immediately after watching, no paper notes necessary.

Am I missing anything in the new software versions?
I can delete from video files in libreelec 17.6, so at a guess you haven't checked 'Allow file renaming and deletion' in settings/media/general settings.
You need to switch to at least advanced view to see that option.
Bingo! Thanks a lot for the advice. I had never expected that such a basic function I am used to since MS Windows 1 has to be activated. I also found a way with the keyboard to show file dates and sort them by date etc...
Regards
Franz47
After an update to LibreElec 9.0.2 on one of my Raspberry Pis again I cannot locate the switch to allow file deletion. Can't find settings/media/general settings.
Has anything changed?
Enable expert level settings.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Filemanager with one window only and date of file possible?0