• 84(current)
v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia
Looking on how to set up Aeon MQ8 skin newbie  to skin looks nice and would love to try it out
Hello!
Sorry for my newbee question, i'm comming from Titan Skin, and try to configure new MQ8, so few questions:

1- Is it possible to add menus who are pointing to specific foleders (like sources/video/folders.....) for exemple i have videos foleder and in this there is films, cartoons,ettc... this is to directely shortcut for childs and to avoid scapper probelms who have sometimes a very strange classements.
2- In the same case, i can't find a way to point menu or submenu to a specific folder of an extension, for exemple, in Radio extension, with TITAN i can create shortcut to MY FAVORITE, or specific folder in the extension like country or music style. I only can point on main extension shortcut.
3- Can i manage the order of menus? and how?
4- Why in music section i only have 1 fanart for each singers?
5- How i can manage weather plugin to use specific fanart depending of weather of the day, i'm lost.
6- How it's possible to select starting default menu, for exemple if i want to show TV or Weather, not select only positionning menu.

Next step if configuring frontend TV and the hyperion light, i hope it'll run.

Thanks a lot
@nobru26

1. Yes, settings, submenu choose customize main menu, select one empty or default item and now use replace function, in the right list, choose video nodes, point to direct folder, press ok, rename to Cartons, Films or any other and done

2. Use favourites script, press C and add the item, now customize main menu, replace function, choose favourites (enter), will list all, choose one, rename and done. For point in the submenu is the same item 1, when in customize, press left arrow in any item, will open submenu customize...

3. All items in the left exist in the right list, use replace to reorder the items.

4. You need have extrafanart folder with images inside
ex:
music\adele\extrafanart

5. Settings, skins settings, icons & images, the last option enter, get mote, install weather fanart - multi (install). Now go to customize main menu, weather, active in the center area the option to use images based on weather condition.

6. Movies is the default, change the item in customize main menu using replace function to choose other...when open kodi item will be the first.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2019-10-19, 12:34)Wanilton Wrote: @nobru26

1. Yes, settings, submenu choose customize main menu, select one empty or default item and now use replace function, in the right list, choose video nodes, point to direct folder, press ok, rename to Cartons, Films or any other and done

2. Use favourites script, press C and add the item, now customize main menu, replace function, choose favourites (enter), will list all, choose one, rename and done. For point in the submenu is the same item 1, when in customize, press left arrow in any item, will open submenu customize...

3. All items in the left exist in the right list, use replace to reorder the items.

4. You need have extrafanart folder with images inside
ex:
music\adele\extrafanart

5. Settings, skins settings, icons & images, the last option enter, get mote, install weather fanart - multi (install). Now go to customize main menu, weather, active in the center area the option to use images based on weather condition.

ImageImage

6. Movies is the default, change the item in customize main menu using replace function to choose other...when open kodi item will be the first.

Hello!

Very great thanks for this fast reply who solve 5 of my problems.
1- ok
2-ok but not very simple, is there a way to have like TITAN skin a way to navigate over extension menus directely, this answer is ok but i'm obliged to make many favorites to customise my HTPC.
3- OK, but if i can have a modification to futur release (using un and down command is better)
4- i don't understyand why i have to create folders, and where. i have no memories about this steps with TITAN or kodi in the past, is there any extension that i forgot to install?
5- OK working well
6- ok.

Thanks
Hello!

Another questions:

1- Is it possible to desactivate the menu with flexible widgets
2- Is it possible to desactivate fanart on other menus than music (when playing music) and only having the little playing bar upon the screen?
3- Why and how desactivating automatique "popup playing music" goto on each track change?
4- How ti disable osd with lirics on fullscreen mode after each track change?

Sorry but i'm new with this skin....
@nobru26 

1. Only have option for disable subwidgets, in skins settings, main menu item, there you find option for don't show. But don't have one way to disable widget selector, if is other feature,  please explain a little more.

2. Sorry, no

3. Skin settings, main menu, show now playing panel large (turn off)

4. When enter in music item, press left arrow, will appear top menu, art tab, first option settings to music fullscreen

disable show lyrics option...
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Hi @Wanilton,

as still not fixed in the release 2.9.0 can I ask if I did the right changes for it?
My problem is that when you select a show from the main menu flexible widget then you get along the name the amount of seasons and episodes before name of show. This is not working on smart playlists. (see post #822)
I found in the "IncludesVariables.xml" on line 516 a condition for the "widgets_title" to show such information if the list item is a show. I searched on that file and found a possible value to use with playlists.

So I changed this:
  • xml:
    <value condition="String.StartsWith(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widgets),tvshow)]">$INFO[Container(510).ListItem.Season,,/]$INFO[Container(510).ListItem.Episode,, - ]$INFO[Container(510).ListItem.Title</value>
to this:
  • xml:
    <value condition="[String.StartsWith(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(master),vplaylist) | String.StartsWith(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widgets),tvshow)]">$INFO[Container(510).ListItem.Season,,/]$INFO[Container(510).ListItem.Episode,, - ]$INFO[Container(510).ListItem.Title]</value>
It seems to work but still afraid if it would brake something else.

Can I ask you how to add the unwatched episodes to it?
This also seems to work:
  • xml:
    <value condition="[String.StartsWith(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(master),vplaylist) | String.StartsWith(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widgets),tvshow)]">$INFO[Container(510).ListItem.Season,,/]$INFO[Container(510).ListItem.Episode,, ( ]$INFO[ListItem.Property(UnWatchedEpisodes),, ) - ]$INFO[Container(510).ListItem.Title]</value>

Many thanks for a reply.

Best regards
Hello!

Me again, is it possible in TV Show, i think it's important to show on each TV Show if unwatched the numbers of unwatched episodes?
Maybe i'm not in the right section, but encountring anther probelm, with fanarts especially in music section.

When playing music, for music section or from addon Radio, i don't have all the pictures from the artist.
I've got the artist logo, but not the CD art, not the fanart, sometimes the CD cover, but allways never the fanart. (working on my last kodi installation in Titan skin, but don't think it's skin problem..)

I really don't understant, the addons from getting informations are installed and i've installer tre artwork organizer, but i'm lost in the menus configuration, maybee it's this extension who's making errors?!

Please, help would be nice!
(2019-03-14, 00:35)Angelinas Wrote:
(2019-03-14, 00:28)_SLayer_ Wrote: Currently I'm under the impression, that extrafanart handling is indeed somewhat "experimental" in Kodi 18. I experimented with a completely new Kodi installation in a Windows 10 VM and had no luck to display any extrafanart. OK... I only tried it for movies and not for TV-Shows or Music... but if it does not work for movies, why should it work for TV-Shows? But I will try that in the coming days eventually.

I tried the Aeon MQ8 proprietary implementation, i modified the advancedsettings.xml, I tried the TheMovieDB-Scaper, I tried the UniversalMovieScraper, I tried ArtwortBeef... and failed big. Confused Wink

So... currently I have decided to wait and hope that there will be a solution in the future... i really miss my extrafanart slideshows. Sad
Try  this changes..Need to Use ArtworkBeef to have all EF in your library.
https://mega.nz/#!KQR2QQSa!VRGZbxkF4Mols...kulsUM3pQk 
Thank you @Angelinas. This solution worked for me too. 

I have a rather silly request. If you would be so kind as to show me which pieces of code you changed or added in IncludesParams.xml and MyVideoNav.xml. My problem is I am using @latts9923  mod, if I do replace these 2 files, I lose the mods so I just want to edit the modded xml files rather than replace them.

I have compared my MQ 8 files with your files to note the differences and although I could guess the necessary changes in IncludesParams.xml, I could not figure out the changes in MyVideoNav.xml.

I have no idea in skinning.
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
(2019-10-23, 07:04)TimeZone Wrote:
(2019-03-14, 00:28)_SLayer_ Wrote:  

Hello Guys,

Just reinstall my configuration with the latest realase of Kodi (leia) and MQ8 2.9.

I have two issue that I can't solve :
1 - In the submenu the item "Search" seams to be unavailabe. Impossible to add a section and customize the submenu with the function "search" it is not available on the porposed item. I have it on the submenu by default on TV Shows but it does not work. Any Idea ?
2 - Using fexible widget on the main screen adding "last Added" Movies or TVshows, when épisodes or movie is watched it does not desseapear from the list. I have read somewhere (Post 105 i Guess) That I have to change Something on a file. A better user friendly way exist ?

Thanks for your help

Bidus
apologies if I've overlooked the info elsewhere but I just wanted to ask about file naming conventions with different video formats.

If I am ripping blurays I will add a certain tag to a filename...this works well eg Movie Filename (2019).bluray.mkv

this works for 3D films as well using the following  Movie Filename (2019.3DBD.mkv

Can I do the same with 4K UHD material...and if so is there a list of the available filename options or can I somehow build this data into a file without the extension additions using another piece of software.

Apols if a previously answered  question that I've not been able to find the answer for

TIA
(2019-10-23, 10:05)jouster Wrote: apologies if I've overlooked the info elsewhere but I just wanted to ask about file naming conventions with different video formats.

If I am ripping blurays I will add a certain tag to a filename...this works well eg Movie Filename (2019).bluray.mkv

this works for 3D films as well using the following  Movie Filename (2019.3DBD.mkv

Can I do the same with 4K UHD material...and if so is there a list of the available filename options or can I somehow build this data into a file without the extension additions using another piece of software.

Apols if a previously answered  question that I've not been able to find the answer for

TIA
Follow the guide given here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2523573 under the section Files naming for 3D / Dolby Atmos / DTS-X / DVD / Blu-Ray / 4K HDR / HD-DVD / VHS / HDTV flag icons
It is a different skin but the concept is similar and works for other skins.
As far as I know, the skin reads the flags from the file name and there is no other software to help you embbed the flags into the video for the skin to access them.

NOTE: Be keen to add dot (.) before each flag. Example, 10bit will be ignored, it must be .10bit
You can also use - instead of .
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
(2019-10-23, 09:39)bidusfr Wrote:
(2019-10-23, 07:04)TimeZone Wrote:
 Hello Guys,

Just reinstall my configuration with the latest realase of Kodi (leia) and MQ8 2.9.

I have two issue that I can't solve :
1 - In the submenu the item "Search" seams to be unavailabe. Impossible to add a section and customize the submenu with the function "search" it is not available on the porposed item. I have it on the submenu by default on TV Shows but it does not work. Any Idea ?
2 - Using fexible widget on the main screen adding "last Added" Movies or TVshows, when épisodes or movie is watched it does not desseapear from the list. I have read somewhere (Post 105 i Guess) That I have to change Something on a file. A better user friendly way exist ?

Thanks for your help

Bidus      

I have tested my Search item and it works perfectly, there must be something wrong with yours. Here are the results I get when I search for the term King. The search pulls results from video library (Movies, TV shows, Episodes, music video) and the music library (Artist, Album, Song) whose title matches the search term. Whether you search from music or video menu, the results are the same.

Not all menus have "Search" submenu. If you added your own (custom) menu item, you will have to clone the submenu from the menus with the search item. I have added a new menu called "Test". I replaced Test submenu with Movies submenu so my Test submenu is similar to Movies submenu and it has the search item. In fact, this is a Weather menu but with Movies submenu. See below in the lower left corner.

(2019-10-23, 10:39)TimeZone Wrote:  
Thanks a lot  

I knew it was there somewhere...I was just looking in the wrong place
  • 84(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia12