Network issues on 18.x Leia
Looks like the network issues (3G or LTE) that were present in the alpha, beta & rc versions of 18.0 are still present even in 18.1.

@Memphiz - Any update on when the network issues will be patched when a device is connected to a cellular network?
I have no idea of a proper fix tbh.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
You fixed it in the test build from a 18.0 beta you pushed to address the network issue. Why not push the fix into the next 18.1.x build or into the nightlies at least?
Because that fix is neither in a shape were it would get accepted nor is it intended to fix the problem you describe. It was meant to fix the cosmetic display of gateway and dns servers in the system info dialog. No idea why it fixed your issue as well. Everything I did there is just used to display the proper IPs in the UI.

A fix needs to be understood else it might aswell get removed by accident b someone else some time.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Is there not a way to do a diff between the last alpha nightly and the beta nightly to see what may have caused the issue with the network functionality cropping up suddenly? Would t this lead to identifying the possible cause of the issue and hopefully the resolution for it as well?
It didn't crop up. Imo it was always there?

Could you try this version and tell me if it still fixes the issue for your? Its a somewhat cleaned up version of my former fix which is much more likely to get accepted. Though I doubt it will make 18.x because its a too big change in the code base for ios:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/darwi...-ios64.deb

Link should be valid in 30 mins from now or so.
Works like a charm!! No network error messages on 3G/LTE data connection. Tested back on wifi and still no issues found. No issues found with System info either - i.e. IP address, MAC, DNS, etc.. all showing addresses. You the man!! Stop disbelieving in yourself and your talents. You always seem to figure out a way to get things working seamlessly. I’m guessing from the build version that this would most likely be available as early as 18.2 rc.x which is awesome as well. Let me know if there’s any further details or information required. Thanks again for all your assistance and support.
Mac Adress? I doubt that it shows something useful for you. iOS does not allow access to the Mac adress.

I have no doubts in my talents really - just that still that change makes absolute no sense in fixing the issue at hand. I like fixes I understand.

And as said - this might not make any 18.x version at all because reviewers might consider this a too big code change.

Also I it is still not in a shape were I wanna present it for review. And my time is very rare too - so don‘t expect it to hit any official Kodi version or even a nightly soon.

What exactly was the problem earlier when it didn‘t work? Does it show „disconnected from internet“ or not?
The issue with the 18.x builds is that there’s no network connection detected when adding another source in the file manager. Once the source is added it appears as Remote Share source and once selected it will display an error message stating “Network is not connected”. Tested this with several unofficial repos (not piracy related ones) as per the list in the official Kodi wiki page.
Testing further I actually found that the internet connection has absolutely no issues as it seems like this is totally isolated to adding a repository. I was able to successfully install any of the official Kodi addons not already installed and was able to play any content within them over my 3G/LTE data connection - example CBC.ca News addon in the Kodi addon repository. Hope this helps in identifying the true issue and it’s cause.
So it’s definitely something with the cellular network connection because once I switch to wifi or even connect to a wifi hotspot like another iPhone/iPad, etc.. then I’m able to view a source repository after it’s been entered. I can even toggle wifi off/on and go in/out of the Kodi and it’ll know if I’m on a cellular network connection and cause the mentioned error message to appear when attempting to view a repository.
@Memphiz Did any of the above details provide more insight into the issue and what may be required to resolve it?
@Memphiz I’m following up to see if any of the above details provide more insight into the issue and what may be required to resolve it?
Pull Request is pending approval and we have some technical discussions behind the scene in regard to coding style currently.
That pull request will make it at one point.
my vote is for pink Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network issues on 18.x Leia0