onAction problems
Hi there,

Does onAction (self, action)

trap mouse and touch screen events? I appear to be having a few issues, I can trap keyboard presses fine.

Thanks for any help

Jason
yes it does capture mouse and touchscreen as well.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
So I have some code like this

ACTION_PREVIOUS_MENU = 10
ACTION_STOP = 13
ACTION_NAV_BACK = 92
ACTION_BACKSPACE = 110
ACTION_MOUSE_DOUBLE_CLICK = 103
ACTION_MOUSE_LONG_CLICK = 108
ACTION_TOUCH_TAP = 401
ACTION_TOUCH_LONGPRESS = 411

def onAction(self, action):

if action in (ACTION_PREVIOUS_MENU, 
                      ACTION_STOP,
                      ACTION_NAV_BACK,
                      ACTION_BACKSPACE,
                      ACTION_MOUSE_DOUBLE_CLICK,
                      ACTION_MOUSE_LONG_CLICK,
                      ACTION_TOUCH_TAP,
                      ACTION_TOUCH_LONGPRESS):
            self.isRunning = False
            monitor.waitForAbort(.2)
            self.close()

Which should detect the action and then go back to a previous screen...if there anything obviously wrong?
i'm not so good at riddles, perhaps you can describe what your actual problem is?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Smile 
Blush

Fair enough...let me explain.

I am actually using an add-on called "Surveillance Room", it has a mode in it that allows you to see multiple cameras in full screen mode so there are no buttons or anything. The add-on was not designed (in my view) to run on a  touchscreen device, it expected a keyboard to be connected so you could escape out of the full screen and back to the menu. What I am trying to go is trigger an event on the touchscreen so that I can replicate the escape key.

I have tried to contact the developer of this add on in another thread on this site but it looks like he has not logged in for a while so I thought I would try and sort this out myself. 

Any advice is appreciated, thanks for your time.
cheer!

just spotted an issue in you code example above, you need to get the id of the action:
python:
if action.getId() in (ACTION_PREVIOUS_MENU, ...
Thanks for the suggestion but it is still playing up, it detected a double click in the logs

log:
2019-03-08 11:12:52.276 T:1899224336   DEBUG: ProcessMouse: trying mouse action doubleclick

But it did not do anything with it ie back out

I previously increased the version of xbmc.python in addon.xml to
xml:
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.26.0"/>

This is very odd.
I put some debug in the onAction (is it called a "class" now? We used to call them a function in our day) and print out the action.getID() codes, I managed to detect 511 (ACTION_GESTURE_SWIPE_LEFT) and use that.

It's odd that I cannot detect ACTION_TOUCH_TAP or ACTION_TOUCH_LONGPRESS but I have found an acceptable workaround.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
onAction problems0