PVR starts in a very long time
Hi,

I'm using Libreelecv9 on Amlogic S905 Box.
I have a iptv list url provide by my iptvserver, and tv + vod total 18.000 channels.

Fist run (creating database); about 15-16 minutes when start kodi.
Next runs; about 5 minutes when start kodi.

Is it possible to make it faster?

pvr.iptvsimple-3.5.7.2
Kodi: 18.1-Leia
PVR setting: no epg data
System CPU usage: %50-60
System Memory usage: 0.27/0.82GB
Maybe you should reduce the number of your channels to the not pirated ones leaving you with <100 channels I guess and you will see how fast Kodi and pvr start up.
100 channels is nor problem. Even 1000 channels are no problem.

I've reviewed, when Kodi starts and wrote 18000 channels to "TV32.db" file in 1 minute and after goes to standby. But cpu is running %50-60 levels. In the kodi.log file, no information is shared about what it is doing. It modifiys TV32.db file again to writed channels group entry after 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, it writes the channel groups to in the TV32.db file. I'm investigating the reason for this waiting.
My iptvserver updately daily or weekly vod list and channel list. Therefore changes the database file again. It takes too long again.
(2019-03-09, 19:11)haydarali Wrote: 100 channels is nor problem. Even 1000 channels are no problem.

I've reviewed, when Kodi starts and wrote 18000 channels to "TV32.db" file in 1 minute and after goes to standby. But cpu is running %50-60 levels. In the kodi.log file, no information is shared about what it is doing. It modifiys TV32.db file again to writed channels group entry after 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, it writes the channel groups to in the TV32.db file. I'm investigating the reason for this waiting.
My iptvserver updately daily or weekly vod list and channel list. Therefore changes the database file again. It takes too long again.

Kodi is not designed to handle this large amount of channels and we will not investigate to "fix" this - for one reason: nobody on this planet will have 18k TV channels legally and we do not support piracy in any form.
(2019-03-10, 10:54)ksooo Wrote: Kodi is not designed to handle this large amount of channels and we will not investigate to "fix" this - for one reason: nobody on this planet will have 18k TV channels legally and we do not support piracy in any form.

Thank you for the information.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR starts in a very long time0