Android Kodi can't access Usb drive after Oreo update
Hello
Yesterday I updated my Android TV Philips 55pus7303 to Oreo. Now Kodi can’t access Usb drive with NTFS file system. Anyone experienced the same issue? How to fix it? Thanks.
Same situation here after Oreo update on my Philips 50pus7303. I’m desperate Big Grin
It seems a problem with the Philips firmware, not with Kodi.

Here is a thread in reddit where the same thing happens to a person and says the following:
Quote:So I got the Oreo update 2 days ago on a 55PUS7503 and now I can't read my NTFS HDD anymore with Kodi, VLC, ES Explorer, Archos Video... The only way to read my HDD is to read it from the native Philips app.

Does this update broke the NTFS support for you too guys? I tried to call the hotline but they don't care much about this problem, they keep telling me to use FAT32.

It seems that Philips forces you to use its native application if you want to use NTFS, in any other application fails (Kodi, VLC, ES Explorer, Archos Video...).

Maybe they fix it soon, maybe not.
Obviously just a workaround, but if you have a PC on the same network you can set up an SMB server and stream it that way.
Same thing here. I'm on TCL running Android TV it worked before now it cannot read USB. It runs normally on Android media player, but not the same as KODI.
(2019-03-09, 22:45)Tobby Wrote: Obviously just a workaround, but if you have a PC on the same network you can set up an SMB server and stream it that way.
 That is really not a solution, why didn't you just suggest: Watch it on PC if you have one.
(2019-03-14, 03:52)Aikon2000 Wrote: Lo mismo aqui. Estoy en TCL con Android TV funcionó antes de ahora no puede leer USB. Se publicó normalmente en el reproductor de medios de Android, pero no es lo mismo que KODI.
Lo mismo aquí, thomson 55UD6406 (TCL). El reproductor multimedia del televisor sin problemas, pero cuando intenta acceder, devuelve el mensaje:
Ruta no encontrada o no válida.

¿Es absurdo hacer esto con qué propósito?

EDITAR:  I found this

Espero que Kodi resuelva el problema, si espero un Android parche puedo morir antes jajajajaja
The forum language is English only please.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Sorry.

The same here, Thomson 55UD6406 (TCL). The TV media player without problems, but when you try to access it, it returns the message: path not found or invalid. 

Is it absurd to do this for what purpose? 

Edit: I found this I hope Kodi solve the problem, if Esperoun Android patch I can die before Jajajajaja
(2019-03-14, 03:55)Aikon2000 Wrote:
(2019-03-09, 22:45)Tobby Wrote: Obviously just a workaround, but if you have a PC on the same network you can set up an SMB server and stream it that way.
 That is really not a solution, why didn't you just suggest: Watch it on PC if you have one. 
 No shit, Sherlock. I said it was just a workaround (not a solution). But some people may want to use their TV to watch movies in case this isn't fixed anytime soon.
Keep it civil and respectful please guys.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi, I have Philips 50PUS7303, updated yesterday to Oreo and have the same problem. While looking for solution I found this thread LINK
It should lead to an update the user received from Philips support and should fix NTFS support.
I can't try the update because I'm not at home and only 1 other user confirmed it's working but it sounds really promissing. If you are brave enough to try it please report back results... Thanks
(Sorry for posting this separately - could't find how to edit post...)
According to Philips official site should these models have the same update file compatible for all of them (according to changelog, latest update file size, version and release date):
Philips 2K18 73x3/7503/7803/8303/8503 ranges
Philips 2K17 6412/6482/7002/7502/8102/8602/9002 ranges
So anyone with these models could be able to use the update in post above (if it's genuine)
A post on reddit from a brand new user, supported by another brand new user, linked to here by another brand-new member?  A download from philips that isn't hosted on their site?
It may well be legit, but it smells a bit whiffy to be honest.
(2019-03-15, 12:22)Sammael1989 Wrote: (Sorry for posting this separately - could't find how to edit post...)
According to Philips official site should these models have the same update file compatible for all of them (according to changelog, latest update file size, version and release date):
So anyone with these models could be able to use the update in post above (if it's genuine)

Quote:Software history
TPM171E _ 107.000.222.001 – Date: 2019/03/04
- Android Oreo 8.0.0 based software
- Support for Android Oreo on OLED devices (9002/803/903)
- Introduction of Philips TV collection
- Fix for firmware update in shops
- Fix for OLED pixel shift issue
- Fix for ‘network not connected’ message upper right corner (AC power cycle required)
- Improvements for translations
- Improvements of subtitle playback with MKV files
- Improvements for connecting My Remote app
- Improvements for UHD DVB-S reception CTN’s: xxx2/12
- Fix for auto-switch off after few minutes
After the device has received this update, we recommend to check in Google Playstore for updates of
privately installed apps, especially if your preferred Android app update setting was set to ‘No
automatic update’

instead of taking a new complete one they put a weird patch, it does not seem very reliable for now

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi can't access Usb drive after Oreo update1