XBox HDR non available
Hi,

I just bought an Xbox as MEDIA Center, I had problems with my Zidoo X9s and this one plays BD and Netflix, etc...

Kodi for know is unable to plays HDR on Xbox, and it’s for me a big problem....

Will you change it ? I’m very disappointed, love Kodi and would like everything works fine Wink

Thanks a lot for your reply

Jerome
Not sure why you always buy proprietary hardware that only do what vendor wanted to implement and then are disappointed after that ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
What a constructively add !!!!

Kodi and HDR works on it, that’s all. It was the best choice for me to wait for a separate BD player like the Pana 9000, that’s all.

If you have any really usefull reply, feel Free Wink
It was the best choice to okay on the same device Netflix, Prime, Blu-ray and my NAS videos...
« Play », not « okay » 😂
It's not currently supported is all I can say.

If you wanted an HDR device you should have done some research first - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Nov. 2018)
I know, it’s why I think Kodi team should work on it Wink

Many users need to use it simply normally, and no technical issue that could make it impossible...
And I had the Zidoo, but I need an All in one device for now, and it’s the only one at this price... The problem is not there !
Kodi on Xbox is mostly for the gamer who already owns an Xbox and want to playback media files without buying a separate device, an Xbox should never be purchased for only it’s media capabilities as it has many limitations compared to other platforms.
Philosophy question... Because to be objective, Xbox as technical capability to play. Kodi is available on it. So, I don’t see any reason not to give the same as an android box !!!!

Any constructive answer for that point ?
Lack of devs.
(2019-03-11, 09:29)jay72 Wrote: Philosophy question... Because to be objective, Xbox as technical capability to play. Kodi is available on it. So, I don’t see any reason not to give the same as an android box !!!!

Any constructive answer for that point ?

Microsoft impose many limitations on what can be done so it maybe that it's not possible, many functions on the Xbox are restricted to the Microsoft apps for example optical disc (dvd, blu-ray) playback is only possible via the built in Xbox app as Microsoft do not allow access to the optical drive by 3rd party apps. Many more things are possible with Android boxes as it's a more open OS, so where Google does not provide something then it's still possible for the others to add missing functions.
Netflix app or Prime can use HDR...
Because they have most likely done a deal with Microsoft to get access to private API's, since as far as I'm aware there aren't public API's available for this to normal 3rd party developers via the standard development SDK. Perhaps @afedchin can clarify.
Now Kodi play no sound... I tried every advises in threads wich speak about it and nothing works... So many problems on Xbox App !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBox HDR non available0