v18 -  Choppy video playback
Linux Kernel Version:  4.19.23
Kodi Version:  18.1
File format:  1080p/MPEG-2 , .ts file

I have noticed that ever since upgrading to Kodi v18, certain video playback has been choppy.  The latest example is the following file:

/storage/dvr/Arrow (2012)/Season 07/Arrow (2012) - S07E15 - Training Day.ts

The video is not choppy during the entire playback of the file, but certain portions.  It appears to happen mostly while there is camera motion.

Kodi Log
alibarozax.kodi (paste)

Video File
https://www.filehosting.org/file/details..._sample.ts
I am having the same issue with all my movies on my external hard drive. They all are choppy after I updated to the new version of Kodi. I even reinstalled it and changed all the settings back and still the same thing.
I had the same problem.  Somehow my Samsung TV graphics setting on my pc was changed to 29 fps?  I changed it back to 60 and solved the problem.
(2019-03-16, 06:55)Large Marge Wrote: I had the same problem.  Somehow my Samsung TV graphics setting on my pc was changed to 29 fps?  I changed it back to 60 and solved the problem.
Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately it looks like my issue is caused by something else. I checked the refresh rate under Settings -> System -> Display, and it was already set at 60.00.
Exact same problem here, posted it in libreelec forum here https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/14884-...buffering/
I am seeing similar issues on MPEG2 interlaced file since since moving to 18.  The workaround I have in place right now is that I have the player adjust frame rate to source set to on/off and am using the VAAPI-Bob deinterlace setting.  I didn't have this problem with 17.  It is, as you say, when there is fast camera motion you see the stuttering without this workaround..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choppy video playback00